·
Registered
EJ6
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheels: Exospeed VPD 13x7.5 +25 offset
HP = 300whp
1998 Civic Hatch

Are there any slicks that I am able to get that will fit inside of my wheel wells? And by fit inside I mean clear my fender lip in the event I had suspension compression while at speed, as I do not want my fender to slice into my tire.

If there is a slick that could clear, what would be the best size for this power.

aside: I have already looked into slicks and basically knew what ones I was going to be getting, but I've determined I don't really feel like raising and lowering my car every time I go to the strip, nor do I really have the time as I work a lot. So I may have to get a different set, hence my question.

·
Registered
EJ6
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
current ride height

img removed

img removed

Best pictures I currently have... sorry if they aren't great

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
nice ride !!!

try the 23 x 7.5 , and just do not press the brake hard crossing the line.

·
Registered
EJ6
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will I be able to put down that kind of power power with 23"x7.5 slicks?

·
Registered
EJ6
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is Exospeed formerly known as Lenso or at least in regards to the VPD wheels.

Because I think I found something about that Exospeed used to be like a main distributor of Lenso and now they sell the Exospeed VPD which looks just like the Lenso VPD.

So 2 and 2 would make think that the Lenso and Exospeed VPD is the same wheel.

Is it?

·
Registered
the short bus
1,065 Posts
I rock 23s and im low.

If you hit the brakes hard going over the line or theres bumps at the end of your track then youll rub. Use the entire track and you will be fine.

·
Registered
EJ6
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
smaller wheel tire combo = faster acceleration shave a few tenths
but if the effective gearing is too short... you may overwhelm the tires and spin resulting in a slower time

·
Registered
537 Posts
23x8x13 is the slick size you would need for 300hp.

yes the Lenso and Exospeed VPD is the same wheel. We bought the mold for the wheel back in 2000. We didnt think we'd start a new wheel company and expand to new styles, etc. so we kept selling them as Lenso for a few more years. When we developed the skinnies under our own name and started manufacturing our Forged wheel line and started going to SEMA of course we had to market under our own name. So thats why we formally switched it to our name the last 4 years.

·
Registered
EJ6
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I realize I shouldn't be slammed, but my car shouldn't have pistons out of a suzuki vitara either. :D

My car is low, but I'll guess I'll have to wait and see if I clear. I hope I do :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts