Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people,

i just picked my block today from the shop and the sleeves are a bit out of line.

is this ok like this?

cheers fro any info.

luke.

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
97 Posts
thats what i thought.

its a darton mid sleeve kit, not a block guard.

luke.
luke is right they are individual sleeves look at their website they have the install instructions posted .

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well ive just been inspecting them and it looks like they are all rotated slightly in the same way if you know what i mean.

i'll get hold of darton and see whats what and report back.

luke.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow........

darton ahve some quick customer service guys.

just spoke to one of the guys at darton and he said they are fine to use and shouldnt cause me any issues.

so its all good :)

cheers guys.

luke.

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
Yeah, from the pics I've seen in the pass...where each sleeve "guard" meets each other never creates a perfect circle. So unless your sleeves sink and the sleeves are level with the deck you should be fine!

So what's your HP goal with these beasts?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well atm im limited by my turbo which is a BEP t3/t04e 57trim..

so i'll hope fully max that out at around 500hp and then shoot some spray to take me up to around the 700-800hp area with any luck.

i will probally swap my turbo/mani/IC setup next winter.

the only problem i have is this car will reamin my DD and i wouldnt want a slower spool then i have.

luke.

·
one grumpy old man
786 Posts
nice nice.keep us posted

·
Registered
867 Posts
Here's a picture of our MID's, (installed by Darton west coast), that was taken after 37passes. As long as your sleeves are flush or slightly above the deck you should be fine. Even .001 below should be enough for the gasket to seal. The sleeves will move around a bit. When our 2nd block with MIDs came in February and I brought it in the house after UPS dropped it off and it sat outside for a couple of hours the sleeve were all over the place. I called Darton and they said push them down and let the block warm to room temp. We didn't have any HG issues, 586whp.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's a picture of our MID's, (installed by Darton west coast), that was taken after 37passes. As long as your sleeves are flush or slightly above the deck you should be fine. Even .001 below should be enough for the gasket to seal. The sleeves will move around a bit. When our 2nd block with MIDs came in February and I brought it in the house after UPS dropped it off and it sat outside for a couple of hours the sleeve were all over the place. I called Darton and they said push them down and let the block warm to room temp. We didn't have any HG issues, 586whp.
the block being kept in my dads workshop so what evere the outside temperature is its the same inside.

i hope this dosent cause any issuse with the fittment.

luke.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts