Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic EX
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Z6 block will be getting sleeved by Golden Eagle in the next week or so and i was wondering if anyone knows what the horsepower limits are on the sleeves before shit starts breaking. I'll be running 9.0:1 SRP pistons and Eagle rods, I was hoping to be in the 500+whp range with this set-up.....is that goal achievable?

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
Hummm....wouldnt 8:5:1 comp ratio do you a little more justice??.....fuck try the vitaras!! SHATTTER THE RECORD DAMIT!!! suzuki;s (FJT) Vitara's FTMFW!!

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic EX
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why would you run a cheap cast piston in a sleeved block?
Exactly. I dont feel like destroying $1000+ sleeves amoung other things by pushing the limits on a cast piston, that makes zero sense. Why not spend the extra couple hundred and roll with forged pistons, thats a no brainer man.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
i dont know if i would trust the SRP quality then. im more of an arias guy when it comes to forged stuff. ive only seen one 500 horse d. and from what i remember it only lasted a little while.

·
Registered
725 Posts
There is a guy in Huston just put down 640 something HP on a sleeved dseries.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
really? got a link b/c that has to be a record...............

would be very cool to see though

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
im not sure the srp's will handle 500whp, maybe they will. i hope to get 350 on the set i just got. i only got them cause they were brand new, $225 shipped with je rings .

good luck on the build.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
ya i need to see this link. 502 is the highest i have ever seen

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic EX
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe i'll just go with CP pistons instead, Ive heard nothing but good things about them, i think you can get them 8.5:1 which would be more turbo friendly as well. I dont want to have any type of malfunction after its built from parts not being strong enough to handle the hp, way too much cash to be cutting corners with.

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
why would you run a cheap cast piston in a sleeved block?
Ehhh....i was just messing around guys.....haha see if he would actually do it...It would still be interesting.....anyways...Wesico and JE....make great pistons and the quality is unmatched.....but i would try an 8:5:1 combo....:mikej:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I dont know about highest HP out of a D but theres a website for an ALL-MOTOR D running 12.6....pretty good chance he isnt pushing more then 180-200whp!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
over 400 in a D series is pointless IMO. trannys dont hold up for shit at that level. unless you drive it like a grandma...
you wont see the hp driving it like a grandma...so yea, it is kinda pointless...I'd be happy with 350

1 - 20 of 25 Posts