Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what u guys think about my catch can setup. I'm running 3 -10an ports of a modified cusco can one come from my vc one from the blck box and one running to a slash cut in my exhaust. What u think will it work properly? Couple questions how far down my exhaust from my turbo should I run the slash cut? And should I run a one way vavle in the line going to my slash cut? Iv seen some that run it and some that don't.
Thanks for any comments or suggestions

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
The closer to the turbo the stronger the suction will be. I would put it at the end of the downpipe right before where the exhaust would bolt up. Make sure you have the fitting at least at a 60 degree angle. I prolly wouldn't run a one way valve although it might be a good idea.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a slash cut kit thing from vibrant come withe built in -10an fitting on the slash cut and comes with a 45 degre bung for it to screw into. I didn't think I'd need a one way vavle I don't think there would every be that much pressure in the exaust to push back Up threw my cvatch can

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Suction?
There is zero vacuum in the exhaust. Dont do this thinking that its like a vacuum pump, it isnt. Youre relying entirely on the venturi effect and its only relative to the pressure in the exhaust. The real benefit of this is not having to empty a catch can, otherwise I doubt very much youre much better off than a vent to atmosphere setup, and it could be much worse than venting to atmosphere if you have a cat and/or muffler.

But to answer your question, I would use a check valve.

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
Suction?
There is zero vacuum in the exhaust. Dont do this thinking that its like a vacuum pump, it isnt. Youre relying entirely on the venturi effect and its only relative to the pressure in the exhaust. The real benefit of this is not having to empty a catch can, otherwise I doubt very much youre much better off than a vent to atmosphere setup, and it could be much worse than venting to atmosphere if you have a cat and/or muffler.

But to answer your question, I would use a check valve.
=/ There is suction when you have a high velocity stream moving across the end of a tube.

OP-
Run a check valve. Or else.

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
not with a gauge or anything meaningful. i did how ever hold my hand over it and it gave me a good suckle. lol.

we did a slash cut on darins 10 sec ED, with his small ass exhaust. it worked, REALLY WELL.

so well we had to unhook it. the first pass with it hooked up i thought he blew a sleeve. turns out it was just about a cup of oil that got sucked out of the block!! haha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts