Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1996 Ex Coupe
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO this past weekend I decided to just about slam my car. Its on Tokico Blue struts, no name adjustable springs, and PIC rear lca's with hard rubber bushings. I'm wondering though, how long will the struts hold up with the car being slammed. PA roads are kind of shitty, so they do get a fair amount of action. I like having a slammed car, but I don't want to prematurely destroy my suspension. Any input anyone has would be great. Thanks

· \/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
18,181 Posts
depending on how you drive, they will last about 6,000 miles. I had monroe shocks with skunk2 adjustable lowering springs pretty low and had them on for about 25,000 miles on em. I probably got'n more but I recently bought fuction forms and man, what a difference from what I had. So far, the smoothest ride I've ever driven!

· Registered
91 CRX Si
8,536 Posts
It's a give and take situation. You have to compromise somewhere. Slamming a car really fucks with the geometry of the suspension as it was intended. I'd say your blues will be toast in no time. The best thing would be to buy some good quality adjustable coilovers and lower it that way. Tastefully low. Not ridiculously low.

· Registered
91 CRX Si
8,536 Posts
:uh:

· Registered
civic
1,066 Posts
herafrush are we? rock that jdm yo negative camber yo. and to make this post relevent, no, they will not last long on shitty roads but also have to take into account how u drive. i like being able to get into a driveway without looking like an asshat :D

like this.
Perfect low :yes:

smh goodluck daily driving that bish

· Registered
397 Posts
I had blues with GC's, they lasted 8k, switched to Koni yellows, and theres no looking back.

· D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
1,722 Posts
To prolong the life of the struts I recommend buying or making extended top hats. The extra inch or two make a difference.

· Registered
00 EJ6 boosted D16Z6, 99 EJ6 bone stock, 04 Ram 1500
1,568 Posts
tokico blue shocks & slammed do not belong together.
knock, knock... oh, hello bumpstops!

· Asshole
8,547 Posts
Tell that to the street that his car scraped up pulling up to the gas station a couple weeks ago. Sparks and all, looked like he was hittin switches.

· \/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
18,181 Posts
Tell that to the street that his car scraped up pulling up to the gas station a couple weeks ago. Sparks and all, looked like he was hittin switches.
fuuuuu!!! that shit actually hurt me dude! :pinch:
I wasn't planning that lol.

And sammo says i'm not low enuf? psh. ta loco!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.