Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Im building a z6 for 300-400whp, and I just bought the skunk2 intake manifold for the build. Now I just saw a post about the eddlebrock one being one of the best for the d series. What are your guys opinion? Is it a big enough difference to consider selling the skunk2 one?

Thanks for the info guys!

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
400hp has been done on a stock Z6 manifold, the Skunk 2 will do just fine.
x2.....and yes the edlebrock would be better....and yes then a sheetmetal intake would be one up on that.....but it will do just fine

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok cool. I bought it used so I figured I could sell it for pretty much what I paid. then get the eddlebrock one.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does look good, ive seen it before. Thx though bud! You did get a sick deal, I paid 200 for the skunk2 one and that was a decent price.

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
I think someone should just do a dyno test to end the long debate. The Edelbrock and Skunk2 are basically the same, but only a dyno test can tell.
Pay for teh parts (or find me a good rebate) and I'll do it this winter.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It does look good, ive seen it before. Thx though bud! You did get a sick deal, I paid 200 for the skunk2 one and that was a decent price.
thanks and ill do a dyno for stock y8 and my edelbrock to see the power difference between the 2 if that helps a little?

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
They are not basically the same at all. But that doesn't matter much Run what you have. The S2 manifold works well for turbo.
You know what I mean, I had both manifolds and they both had similar power gains, in other words it's not a night and day difference. I have a skunk2 manifold now, so maybe I can just pick up an edelbrock and do a dyno test swapping them out. When I do it, I will post up results.

thanks and ill do a dyno for stock y8 and my edelbrock to see the power difference between the 2 if that helps a little?
That would be good.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I think someone should just do a dyno test to end the long debate. The Edelbrock and Skunk2 are basically the same, but only a dyno test can tell.
I'm surprised this hasn't been done, both intakes have been around for like 10 years maybe.
It be nice to see a chart showing all this intake how they work. It has to be in the same engine under the same conditions, so it definitely got to be done on a dyno.

·
Registered
206 Posts
edlebrock is over priced IMO, the skunk2 and the blox are the same thing. Blox used to be much cheaper, might still be, not sure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The SK2 and Edelbrock has been discussed to death and I'm 99% sure I've seen a comparo in the past. The SK2 made slightly more midrange power but the Edelbrock made quite a bit better peak numbers.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.