Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Honda Civic dx
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just saw on Skunk2 facebook page that they have a prototype ultra series race intake for D series engines. I personally think that is awesome! If they go forward and produce it I'll be picking one up for my D15b7 turbo build. What are your opinions/thoughts about a ultra series race intake for the D?

·
Registered
HONDA
1,221 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
The normal Junk2 intake for a D is worth 8-10 whp on a NA NASA spec'd build.

Bisi said is best, D series folks are broke dicks, won't spend the money. If they made 20-25 manifolds they MIGHT break even.....

How many suckers are left?

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
2009 Civic Si Sedan
526 Posts
The normal Junk2 intake for a D is worth 8-10 whp on a NA NASA spec'd build.

Bisi said is best, D series folks are broke dicks, won't spend the money. If they made 20-25 manifolds they MIGHT break even.....

How many suckers are left?
Save money make your own parts.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
transex said it best, d series ppl are cheap as hell.

With the exception of a few old school guys on here 98% of d series guys are cheap as hell. I just parted my build out that I had probably $5000 into my engine/tranny seup. I bought everything for a good deal and still lost easily over $2000 and never used a single part I bought.

I've always tried to be true to d series and build a respectable setup but its pretty bad when you pay $680 for something, try to sell it at $500 shipped and you have people offer you $300 shipped when you never even used it. I have a few odds and ends left and once they are gone, I will never even think of building another d setup again because of this.

I can see guys building a cheap fast setup, thats an advantage of d series engines. However, there is quality d series parts too and realize that. If you want to push the real limits and build a high hp d dont disrespect and lowball people selling them.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
transex said it best, d series ppl are cheap as hell.

With the exception of a few old school guys on here 98% of d series guys are cheap as hell. I just parted my build out that I had probably $5000 into my engine/tranny seup. I bought everything for a good deal and still lost easily over $2000 and never used a single part I bought.
Thats was just stupid. No offence, but damn. Why spend the money and NOT follow through? I have almost 11k in parts and machine work on my car, Had I not taken that LAST step and had the block built, I probably would have ended up in your boat, But after spending all that money for a solid build there was no way I could look back. And now I freakin love my car. Its a blast to drive, and even funner when I get to put down euro's and V8's. To bad the guys with Ferrari's and Lambo's dont ever run em when I see em on the highway.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Thats was just stupid. No offence, but damn. Why spend the money and NOT follow through? I have almost 11k in parts and machine work on my car, Had I not taken that LAST step and had the block built, I probably would have ended up in your boat, But after spending all that money for a solid build there was no way I could look back. And now I freakin love my car. Its a blast to drive, and even funner when I get to put down euro's and V8's. To bad the guys with Ferrari's and Lambo's dont ever run em when I see em on the highway.
I am from a small town far away from shops that could finish the build for me. I work away and cannot do the work myself (physical restrictions). The guy that was supposed to build my car had the parts sit in his garage for almost two years and the motor was still in pieces. Got pissed of having that much money just sit there and decided getting some money for it rather than nothing and have the parts just sit there was better.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hope they address the press fitted water pipe issue on this model!
I'm not sure what you mean exactly but with my Skunk mani it's so hard to get the clamp on with the water pipe so damn close to the runner...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
after spending years on this site, I see the same shit constantly.

someone wants to build a baller D setup. Wants 500whp or 600whp or some other number best left to dedicated drag cars, and wants to be mostly street. buys all the parts first and at once (usually new, usually buys "the best")

you see steady progress for about 2-4 months, OP disappears for 3-9 months, and when they come back they're "getting out of hondas" or "going with a K swap" or insert excuse here, and they're selling all their shit off for 40 cents on the dollar.

I've seen it so often, I don't even read the ridiculous setup threads unless they're tons of pages long so you know they followed through.

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
2009 Civic Si Sedan
526 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean exactly but with my Skunk mani it's so hard to get the clamp on with the water pipe so damn close to the runner...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The pressure from the hose against the runner will make the water neck fall out.

·
Registered
1993 Honda Civic dx
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hear all your opinions but I'd still like to pick one up if they go through with it. That's just me though. I don't like to be cheap with my things, especially if I invest in thousands of dollars on something then cheap out on some parts the could be a weak point in the whole build.

Also they just posted another picture on Facebook saying they have a Kraftwerks D race supercharger kit with a sneak peek at a new header for the D. Looks nice. Lol

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
You could get a golden eagle for the price and not worry about blowing the welds on your intake.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts