Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been fooling around with my d16z6 for a few nights now and cannot seem to get the correct path of coolant lines. I've ran my car for a few minutes as is. The result is white smoke going out of the exhaust, assuming coolant is going where it shouldn't and I've got a bad vac leak at the top of the TB. Not concerned about the leak, more so the coolant bypass lines at the new TB. Attached is a line installed with a T fitting.

Attachments

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
Your TB gasket is sticking out at the top really... It shouldn't, specially on any of the bigger TB's.

The pic of your coolant lines is really hard to see where they go too..

I'm feeling nice today so...

My guess from your pics, is that the coolant is leaking from IM gasket rather than any of your lines....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your TB gasket is sticking out at the top really... It shouldn't, specially on any of the bigger TB's.

The pic of your coolant lines is really hard to see where they go too..

I'm feeling nice today so...

My guess from your pics, is that the coolant is leaking from IM gasket rather than any of your lines....
Haha I didn't notice my photo had a chunk of left over gasket sitting between the TB and manifold. I reinstalled the TB several times trying to get it to seal with no success so I jammed a peice of old gasket in there for shits and giggles, it reduce the leak a little. This is not a long term solution whatsoever.

I had a very small coolant leak, dripping from the IM gasket in the back / middle side. I loosened all nuts and retourqued, there is no leak.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.