Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my skunk2 intake manifold on my 93 civic cx. The manifold hits and i need a way to prevent it from hitting. I have heard of hitting the fire wall but i dont know where to hit it. Willing to try anything.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Well, they usually recommend removing the manifold and bashing the firewall with a hammer until it bends away from the engine, then reinstalling the manifold.

Poly motor mount inserts will limit engine movement and possibly prevent hitting.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
mine is very close, but doesn't hit on my ej. It was fine even without the poly inserts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts

hit it wherever you need to make it fit......if there is an area that you for some reason refuse to hit to make it fit, sell the manifold and run the stock one. Dont hit the fuel lines that run on the fire wall......and remember dont quit till it fit :TU:

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Well, they usually recommend removing the manifold and bashing the firewall with a hammer until it bends away from the engine, then reinstalling the manifold.

Poly motor mount inserts will limit engine movement and possibly prevent hitting.
combine the two, to make it a perfect fit.

mine is very close, but doesn't hit on my ej. It was fine even without the poly inserts
wait till one of your mounts goes bad....

·
Registered
397 Posts
i put one on my 94 coupe z6 its an easy fix it hits the brake valve on the fire wall just get poly inserts for the mounts mounts they worked the best and use the search botton other people have had this problem and from searching i found that the bolt from the iavc is what hits the brake valve so not only did i use inserts i sanded down the top of the bolt about 1/2 way and i sanded the edge of the iavc when u mock up the manifold u will see were u have to sand and were it hits ill try to get pix to show what i mean

1 - 10 of 10 Posts