Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if a Bseries throttle body would work on a skunk2 intake for a Z6?
'i know im told that you either need to bore out your old one or get an aftermarket TB for it to get the flow it needs, but i have a Bseries TB which is biiger than the Z6, so would it work, or better to just bore out the Dseries?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Yes it will work but you have to grind a little bit of metal off of the IM so you can open The t-body up full throttle I have a GSR t-body on a skunk2 IM on my SOHC ZC works great I love it only takes about 5 sec. of work to do the grinding

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
A lot of ppl say that bigger TB will actually decrease the power (I also think this is true), But that's on NA cars. If this is on a turbo'd car then it could actually be of use. Just be sure to port the IM to match the TB or actually just a little bit larger so that you have an anti-reversion step.

Big TB NA = nono
Big TB FI = yesyes

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A lot of ppl say that bigger TB will actually decrease the power (I also think this is true), But that's on NA cars. If this is on a turbo'd car then it could actually be of use. Just be sure to port the IM to match the TB or actually just a little bit larger so that you have an anti-reversion step.

Big TB NA = nono
Big TB FI = yesyes
Ha yeah itl be for a vitara turboed Z6,

Thanks you guys

·
Registered
977 Posts
running one on mine, no grinding

Are you running one with a b series t-body?

skunk shouldnt need grounded
I had to grind just a small section off of my IM so the throttle linkage would clear at full open throttle

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
13 Posts
I always thought a bigger TB on an N/A is also a good mod & will not decrease power however increase more on the mid and high rev range. In order too get more gains car needs to be forced induction, & will increase alot more hp & torque throught out rev range compared too N/A.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,795 Posts
The bigger TB on a y8 does increase flow, but it reduces air velocity and turbulance which aids in venturi in the combustion chamber. When hi comp builds are using OE TB's, this tends to get restrictive and a change in TB is needed. But for stock engines and stock internals, keep the OEM TB. Its not worth all the trouble to swap.

my .02

1 - 13 of 13 Posts