Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
EG6
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just got a SK2 mani. older one but it has a plug on it and i dont know what gose there... any one?? thanks in advance

·
Registered
EG6
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks. looked at the web site and the only make one for D-series. says covers all years from 88-00

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Yes, plug is for IAT, I have same mani on my z6.

·
Premium Member
A lot
2,028 Posts
Im running one on my D15B, I had to sand the IAT down a bit to get it to fit. Its either that or make the hole bigger on the IM. The IAT is plastic, and I had no trouble shaving it down A LITTLE, Ive been running it for almost a year now with no issues. I dont know if anyone else has experienced this problem, but I imagine Im not the only one.

·
Registered
106 Posts
if your talking about the hole on the side there, i left my unplugged but covered. because if not, it will idle because of vaccum leak!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Im running one on my D15B, I had to sand the IAT down a bit to get it to fit. Its either that or make the hole bigger on the IM. The IAT is plastic, and I had no trouble shaving it down A LITTLE, Ive been running it for almost a year now with no issues. I dont know if anyone else has experienced this problem, but I imagine Im not the only one.

Same issue here .. probably common...

·
Registered
17 Posts
The reason that the IAT doesn't fit without slight modification is because the hole on the manifold for the sensor is threaded. Skunk2 only offers one intake manifold for 88-00 D-series motors. On the 96-00 Civics, the IAT is on the intake tube. The hole on the manifold is threaded so that if you have a 96-00 (with the sensor on the intake tube) you can thread in a bolt so that you don't have a vaccum leak, but still have a spot to put the sensor if you have a pre-OBD2. All that needs to be done if you have a pre-OBD2 is to take a drill bit and drill the threads out.

·
Resident D-Bag
honda's
33 Posts
I have this im as well. originally I had it on a y8, now it's on a Z6, always in my eg. it has extra hole for things because it's for all d's 88-00. the only mod I needed to make was shaving down the im temp sensor. As i said it's in my eg so all the sensors, parts connected to it were from the Z6.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
The only real feedback I ever found on the s2k manifold was jfk78 (first 10 second vitara car)

He gained almost 50 whp with the intake manifold,h22 t/b, and correcting the cam timing from before.

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1659581
354whp before the s2 manifold and retune
(I can't find another the thread but on another dyno pull he got closer to 390whp)

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1947857
442 after the s2 manifold and retune

I dont know how much of that is from the actual s2 manifold and tb vs him correcting his timing and reving to 8k instead of 7300 on the 442 run.Xenocron also did back to back testing on a lsvtec with an s2 pro series and a performer x and the s2 came out on top but thats a diffrent motor.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts