Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i finished up doing my swap today, and my skunk2 intake mani hits the firewall hard when i take off, punch it, or shift gears. did any of you have this problem on your 92-95 civics with z6 and S2 intake mani? and what did you do to fix it?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
mine is fine, no problems what so ever with it hitting the firewall. It's a tight fit, but it doesn't hit anything

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
buy some inserts and call it a day...

·
Registered
956 Posts
the skunk2 manifold is pretty close to the firewall and if your mounts are pretty torn, it'll rattle and hit. I just put some rubber stuff and tie it around the brake prop as the iacv only hits that part. On my ej2, My mounts were pretty bad and I was missing the front lower tranny mount, It'll rattle/hit wheenver I hit the gas or shift.

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
buy some inserts and call it a day...
that's a waste of money to me.

i think lsturbohatch is goin for decent power. he needs full poly motor mounts.
you see any high HP cars with inserts?, i think not. don't skimp where it's a buy once and forget thing.:beer:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
that's a waste of money to me.

i think lsturbohatch is goin for decent power. he needs full poly motor mounts.
you see any high HP cars with inserts?, i think not. don't skimp where it's a buy once and forget thing.:beer:
agreed

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya the mounts didnt look busted did they jon? i think i am going to try the allen head bolts mentioned above. im thinking about window welding all of my mounts, anyone got any suggestions on that?

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
*sighs* I wish my Si looked that good. That is a very nice engine bay.

Window weld: Make sure the mounts are warm, clean with brake cleaner and then something like acetone to make sure all the gunk is off, fill the mounts, make them look neat, and then let them sit for 24+ hours before re-installing them. Fill slowly to make sure there aren't any bubbles in the mount. That's about it.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
Looks good.

If it's hitting when you take off, punch it, or shift, then I would think theres just too much flex from your mounts. Are you running OE mounts, or poly? Wierd, I thought it was the edelbrock IM that had fitment issues. Did you use a hondata IM gasket or somethign similar? I've heard of those causing fitment problems too when it's a tight squeeze like that...

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
its just a felpro gasket with stock mounts... where can i get some poly mounts for it?? ive only seen one place that sells aftermarket mounts and they are like 230 bucks.... i think filling is going to be my best bet.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Just window weld them, but let the mounts sit and cure for atleast 2 -3 days in a warm area. I let mine sit for about 30 hours and first pass they split open and goozed all over the place. Your engine bay is much to pretty to have that issue.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i think i am going to be picking up an extra set of mounts to fill this weekend. im also gonna swap the bolts out for the allen head bolts mentioned above. that looks like it may cure the problem itself, but im gonna need stiffer mounts when i get the direct port jets i need. right now its just gonna be a 75 wet shot on it.

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
it was a night and day difference when i used the window weld in the drivers side mount and the trans mount. I have the ES inserts in the other 3 mounts. My motor does not move for shit.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts