Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i bought my hatch with a skunk2 intake mani, should i keep it when i boost, or buy a different one? just curious, because i have never used anything other than a stock y8 intake manifold for boost. i know its a good manifold, but i was just wondering if anyone had another suggestion.

·
Registered
231 Posts
98_4drCivic said:
i bought my hatch with a skunk2 intake mani, should i keep it when i boost, or buy a different one? just curious, because i have never used anything other than a stock y8 intake manifold for boost. i know its a good manifold, but i was just wondering if anyone had another suggestion.
Yea it'll more than likely be better than the y8 and see if u can get a gsr or type r throttle body for it.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
I have one on my d16z6 with a greddy kit and works well

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
5,467 Posts
about as good as the z6 from what i hear as far as stock manifolds are concerned....just port them port match them and polish them all until you get to the leaving side of the injector.....

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Skunk 2 > OEM

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bigfoot said:
did the y8 work good with boost? thats what i am going to be useing, so...

yeah, i was running high 13's in my sedan. it was a bone stock y7 (with the exception of the y8 mani) from valve cover to oil pan with 8-9 psi.

i was half asleep when i posted this, i don't even know why i needed input on it...lol

thanks everyone.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts