Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've installed a skunk2 intake manifold with b series 60mm throttle body on my 2000 D16Y8 coupe because I am doing an auto to manual. I would have went with a manual Y8 intake manifold and throttle body but I could not find one.

So my problem is, the skunk2 intake manifold does not have the vacuum nipple in the center of the intake manifold flange for the fuel injection air control valve. Where would I 'tee' the hose to? I read I can cap it and I read it has to have vacuum or poor idle will be a problem.
Organism Font Slope Handwriting Parallel

I found this link from 2004

The guest user claims to have it capped off with no issues. Can anyone confirm if I can just cap it off? I'd rather it plugged in though.

· Brokedick Millionaire
56,944 Posts
Sorry you wasted your money on a Junk2 intake manifold, Make sure to check the other brass fittings for leaks, like the line for the brake booster. Use permatex green 290 wicking sealant.

60mm TB = no gains in power, stock TB is large enough for the engines breathing capacity.

· Registered
93 Civic HB SI, 95 Civic HB CX
2,830 Posts
Cap it, its not doing anything of value anymore without a source of vacuum from the stock intake port location.

With your stock manifold, all that valve does is provide a clean filtered source of fresh air to that center fitting on the manifold flange, which then directs low volume high velocity air through small holes to the top trailing side of the fuel injection spray pattern.

The volume of air allowed to bleed past the valve into the intake passage is controlled by that valve, using an internal coolant temp modulated thermostatic pintle.

The added air to the top trailing side of the fuel injector spray stream when under vacuum conditions, helped to promote better fuel atomization and vaporization.

Now that you've gone Skank2, that valve and the hose running from it to the pre-throttle body air intake tube are effectively paperweights.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry you wasted your money on a Junk2 intake manifold, Make sure to check the other brass fittings for leaks, like the line for the brake booster. Use permatex green 290 wicking sealant.

60mm TB = no gains in power, stock TB is large enough for the engines breathing capacity.
I'm aware the 60mm T/B is a bit big but I could not find a good manual Y8 manifold locally or on eBay. I've also read about people having issues with air leaks from the fittings.

Cap it, its not doing anything of value anymore without a source of vacuum from the stock intake port location.

With your stock manifold, all that valve does is provide a clean filtered source of fresh air to that center fitting on the manifold flange, which then directs low volume high velocity air through small holes to the top trailing side of the fuel injection spray pattern.

The volume of air allowed to bleed past the valve into the intake passage is controlled by that valve, using an internal coolant temp modulated thermostatic pintle.

The added air to the top trailing side of the fuel injector spray stream when under vacuum conditions, helped to promote better fuel atomization and vaporization.

Now that you've gone Skank2, that valve and the hose running from it to the pre-throttle body air intake tube are effectively paperweights.
So cap them off and call it a day, alright.

· Registered
10,091 Posts

· Registered
10,091 Posts
Good pictures^^^^

Perfectly details the conversion to a manual manifold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts