Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your take on a Skunk2 cam #305-05-0100 for the z6? It says its a stage 1 but requires springs/retainers. A friend said he would sell it to me new for 300. Is it worth it? I'm planning on a build soon anyways. The whole p&p, p29s etc.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
What is your take on a Skunk2 cam #305-05-0100 for the z6? It says its a stage 1 but requires springs/retainers. A friend said he would sell it to me new for 300. Is it worth it? I'm planning on a build soon anyways. The whole p&p, p29s etc.
that is the same cam i am currently running with my setup. Where did you get the info that it required new springs/retainers from? I have the data sheet right here that says stock valvetrain can be used.......but i HIGHLY reccommend not using it and upgrading.

The cam, IMO is not good for a NA setup. The only reason i say this is because it has the lift comparable to that of a crower stage 3, but the duration isnt too much more than stock. It is basically a big turbo cam.......and that is why i bought it, well, and because a friend hooked me up with it brand new for $200.

if you use it NA, i think you will see nice gains, but i think you will see better gains with a cam that has better specs for NA purposes....something with more duration. Plus, cam makes your valves noisy as hell because of the drop angle.....

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know, he was selling a set of dish pistons with it. I had a feeling it was a turbo cam.

Your right, The specs I saw did say svt. It just recomended I upgrade. Which I was going to do anyway. I just mizght go with the crower stage3.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
You know, he was selling a set of dish pistons with it. I had a feeling it was a turbo cam.

Your right, The specs I saw did say svt. It just recomended I upgrade. Which I was going to do anyway. I just mizght go with the crower stage3.
will most definately need to upgrade with crower stage 3......but you said your going to anyways, so go for it. With that big ass cam though, you may want to think about chipping your ecu and tuning a bit.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, i'm for sure doing that. A friend is going to build me an ecu. He does it on other turbo/racecars. It will be designed for my specific setup. I can't wait. I'll be able to tweak it with my g4. (boner)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts