Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought this throttle body last month, i like it alot, alot better throttle response alot better top end i like it :)

so here is pictures and my review

next to the stock tb

before i ported the intake manifold

after

I was racing someone the other night, my car threw a tps code and throttle was sticking almost halfway open i had to smash on the gas pedal to get it to return to idle and it did this many times...

i pulled the throttle body off and pulled the tps off to find this

wtf? how did that happen...whatever

i looked and the throttle body looks like that plate how it has a flat side, but they use that whimpy ass screw so i fixed it

just if you buy a skunk 2 throttle body, remove that little screw and put a washer on it before use

·
Registered
275 Posts
Its called Junk2 for a reason.

Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
1,107 Posts
I hear you should also loctite the throttle plate screws. More than one person has apparently blow their motor from those little screws coming loose and having a field day in the motor.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its called Junk2 for a reason.

Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
yea yea yea i know man... i myself talk mad shit on skunk 2 products just because of my personal views of dynos between other certain manifolds and skunk 2's and the power output of other manifolds compared to skunk 2....

but i liked how the skunk 2 looked like i was oem looking thats what made me choose them over any others but yea i guess ill take my throttle body off one more time and loctite those screws because if that shit blows my motor skunk 2 wont replace it :(

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
wtf....now you all got me worried....

i also have the alpha 70mm been ok for about 500mi

·
Registered
94 Del Sol si
489 Posts
I had a skunk2 68mm pro series billet throttle body, and there was leftover machining whiskers in the IAC port.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts