Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
99 civic hatch
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I purchased this two days ago off of a Skunk2 dealer on Ebay. When i received it, it was in a heavy little box. Its a gunmetal finish, with red 5-speed layout on the top. exactly like the OEM CTR and ITR shift knobs. This biatch is heavy. It makes shifting really easy and swift.

i bought this to replace my NRG carbon 5-speed shift knob. It was a great shift knob, but it was one of those 3 allen screw ones. Pain in the a$$. it always came loose.

All in all, I give the Skunk2 440 gram shift knob a 5/5.

go get yourselves one!!!

·
Registered
999 Posts
yup i been rocking since they came out hahaa....

i have friends whos gonna be making shift knobs just like the skunk2 just cylinder shaped and heavier

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
anyone sign up for the Skunk2 mailing list??????

I might have to get one of those knobs, would look good on a FLP tall shifter :)

if you've seen the video of the shifter, thats the B16 I was beating and reason I stayed SOHC :)

http://www.fastlineperformance.com/shifter.htm

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
I bought mine while trailering my civic home when I first bought it. I love my skunk2 shift knob as well. They are perfect. The integra will have one sometime soon as well.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
DEFINETLY going to pick this up.

·
Registered
Mostly the 91 CRX
1,329 Posts
I have one, took it off and put my stock knob back on. Just didn't like the fell of it... to small.

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
I have one, took it off and put my stock knob back on. Just didn't like the fell of it... to small.
do you still have it and if so do you want to sell it?

·
Registered
Mostly the 91 CRX
1,329 Posts
do you still have it and if so do you want to sell it?
yeah I have it. I'd sell it but for some reason my anti-virus won't allow me to post up pics. but I will tell you that I spilled some paint on it when I worked in a bodyshop. I got all the paint off the sides, however there is a little black paint inside the shift layout and the numbers.

·
Registered
270 Posts
i have one also and love this thing .. only problem i have with it is that when used with cheap ebay pot metal shifters i have a tendence to snap them in 1/2.

But since i got my new blox SS shifter everything is groove no brakage and super smooth shifts

chris

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
i love my skunk2 knob. i had a 6 speed one that i got for free at nopi last year. but i sold it. then i got a 5speed one. that and my 10 dollar ebay shifter is awesome. i want the long fastline shifter thats posted above tho.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Those knobs can come in handy as a weapon cause they are so damn heavy, you could take it off and throw it at someone and possibly kill them LMFAO!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
i got one like this only blue. the top part is a sticker, but it does screw on like the stock knob. the only thing i dont like is that its so dang cold, like grabbing an icicle.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I used to have an carbon fiber ITR style knob, but it was one of those shitty ones that was held together wiht the set-screwit was a POS..... now i'm rockin the $1 probe shift knob from the scrap yard :TU: lol

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
anyone sign up for the Skunk2 mailing list??????

I might have to get one of those knobs, would look good on a FLP tall shifter :)

if you've seen the video of the shifter, thats the B16 I was beating and reason I stayed SOHC :)

http://www.fastlineperformance.com/shifter.htm
Holy blazes how to do fit the exhaust under it??? Main reason I bought the Edelbrock was to clear the OEM pipe. Cheapo ebay shifter wouldn't do it like on my old no-resonator midpipe.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts