Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would a skunk 2 valve train (except cam) in a Z6 head (work well with turbo?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
skunk2 pride themselves in n/a power...assuming their products are all based around an n/a platform, i will deduce that no, skunk2 internals would not be good with turbo...but since u said no cam, then possibly yes, most likely yes...ill go with yes...

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they make a d16 turbo cam (i think). it says TBA on sites....wtf does that mean? they cant stay n/a for long. with the scene going turbo so rapidly.....

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im thinking skunk 2 valvetrain and crower turbo cam....thatd rock right?

C

·
0 Posts
why not just go full crower. personally id run a ferrea valve train and the sex 59300 cam or the new 500 cam

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ive been debating between the 2 companies, but i chose Skunk 2 because ive actually seen the performance in cars that we race with thats all. but id be completely satasfied with a crower set-up.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
k1dfreeze said:
u dont need a full head to do that...i would put that money towards building the block...
what would you use in the head? crower wise. itll be my daily, so i want it as strong as can be.

D

·
0 Posts
why dont you get the AKMEE valve train for $525 darton sleve the bitch some p29 pistons Z6 rods and run like 10PSI all day and get 200 eazy!(with a good tuning guy and program> wait thats to eazy ant it hehe JP

good luck!

EinstinE

·
Registered
936 Posts
D15BSOL-PWR said:
why dont you get the AKMEE valve train for $525 darton sleve the bitch some p29 pistons Z6 rods and run like 10PSI all day and get 200 eazy!(with a good tuning guy and program> wait thats to eazy ant it hehe JP

good luck!

EinstinE
please understand what you're blabbering about...n/a head/block package with 10psi of possibly t3 turbo? on stock rods...noting that p29's will aready yeild 12:1 static compression ration.

·
Registered
104 Posts
im doing the same thing but i have a y8 head i was going to put the crower stage 2 turbo cam with the skunk2 turbo valve spring and the skunk 2 vales and retainers. i all ready have my bottom end built up for the turbo with arias piston and eagle rods.

you guys think this is a good set up???

1 - 20 of 31 Posts