Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a d16y7 and recently put the Skunk 2 pro series IM but the IM was design for a manifold mounted IACV sensor but since i have the throttle body mounted IACV sensor, it leaves holes on the back of my IM. what can i do to block this off beside getting a IACV sensor to plug it up?.

-Jason

·
Registered
whatever runs....
2,927 Posts
your gonna have to make a block off plate, and seal it with a homemade gasket or rtv so you don't get a vacuum leak....Doesn't skunk2 make a manifold for the automatic cars though without the iacv?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I purchase the mani, i was not aware they made one for auto. I just didn't want to getto fab a solution and was hoping someone know a company out there that can make me a block off plate or have a nice clean solution. any help would be great

-Jason

·
Registered
whatever runs....
2,927 Posts
I don't know of a company that makes a plate for that, but just take your iacv, trace the mounting base on some cardboard, then cut it out. Then find some good flat 1/8" thick steel plate, trace that pattern onto it, cut it out and drill the holes where the bolt holes are in the iacv...presto...

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Wait,couldn't you just go to a hardware store,drill and tap the holes and then put in a hex plug all for under 3 dollars?

·
Registered
whatever runs....
2,927 Posts
Wait,couldn't you just go to a hardware store,drill and tap the holes and then put in a hex plug all for under 3 dollars?
why do that and ruin a perfectly good manual IM, the plate metal would be free if he had it laying around....

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
why do that and ruin a perfectly good manual IM, the plate metal would be free if he had it laying around....
It wouldn't ruin it, he could still use it as a manual IM in the future.

Best plan, tap and plug holes.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
It wouldn't ruin it, he could still use it as a manual IM in the future.

Best plan, tap and plug holes.
Exactly.Wanna use it with a manual setup in the future? undo the hex plugs since they are TAPPED and screw in and out.Don't the victor X manifolds and venom manifolds come like that from the factory?

Either plan sounds fine but if you go with a block off plate I would look into maybe running two o rings between the manifold and plate over the iacv holes so there are no leaks.Otherwise if either one isn't perfectly flat it will leak.

·
Registered
66 Posts
pm me and I will give you my address.Send me the cardboard cut out and I will send you back the block off plate.total cost probably under 3 bucks for shipping

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would love to send you the card board cut out but its already on my car and its a b***h to get back there. And thanks for the option but modifying my manifold is not an option because A) its already in my car and trying to tap the holes would be really difficult B) I don't like the idea of modifying anything that i spent a large amount of money on. I am actually in contact with Greg from autoworks, so hopefully he can hook a brotha up.

·
Registered
whatever runs....
2,927 Posts
I would love to send you the card board cut out but its already on my car and its a b***h to get back there. And thanks for the option but modifying my manifold is not an option because A) its already in my car and trying to tap the holes would be really difficult B) I don't like the idea of modifying anything that i spent a large amount of money on. I am actually in contact with Greg from autoworks, so hopefully he can hook a brotha up.
you don't need to take off the im to make the cardboard cutout, all you need is an iacv , you would trace around it's base and mark the holes it uses to mount....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^^ Beater90
I don't have the sensor since mine was attach to my throotle body. If I had it, things would be alot easier.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts