Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
D-series Strom Trooper
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the Edelbrock performer intake manifolds for sport compact are suppoused to do most if there power from 2000 to 7000, but my all time fav the Skunk 2 are rated 3000 to 7500.... so in your mind whats fact and whats foe, what do you like the best, and are Edelbrock worth the money.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
i would go with edelbrock simply because of the quality of the skunk 2 im.. ive read on many occasions how it breaks.... alot of people get screwed over by there shitty customer service.

B

·
0 Posts
I haven't ever heard of the Edelbrock unit having ONE single problem. Do we really need to get into a Skunk bashfest when there are already so many? Hmmmm I wonder which one I would choose.

C

·
0 Posts
Honestly i've heard a few things. One of the most common is that the skunk2 is a harder fit sometimes, but other than that, i believe they are fairly similar in design. Performance they're probably not too different, but i've never heard complaints with the edelbrock

C

·
0 Posts
civic4ges said:
Edelbrock has some sick runner port sizes!!!

Is skunk2 made in america?? ONly reason I ask is because even though we drive japanese cars, we should take every chance we can and buy american parts.
I agree! I gots da edelbrocks and da magnaflows

S

·
0 Posts
i trust any jap part way more then i do an american one.

i read a article about the edlebrock and it only added 5.3 hp on a stock motor.

i dont know about the skunk2 power output on a d but it is spec'ed at 12.3hp at the wheels on a b16 by h.p. books.

and yes it is made in america (skunk2)

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
sohcbuilder said:
i trust any jap part way more then i do an american one.
Why is that?? I would love you to explain more!!!

sohcbuilder said:
i dont know about the skunk2 power output on a d but it is spec'ed at 12.3hp at the wheels on a b16 by h.p. books.
On a "B", what does the victor x from Edelbrock bring for a gain on a "B"?? Edelbrvock also fits in the engine bay right, skunk2 does not. Its a better design, and in my mind with the right headwork done, will net a higher gain that the skunk2 piece.

sohcbuilder said:
and yes it is made in america (skunk2)
You sure? And if so, then awesome!!! I love it!!
I would buy american cars if they were worth their cost, but they are not! However I try to take every opportunity I can to keep american people working!!

·
Registered
1993 trans am
1,073 Posts
well edelbrokc has been around for how long???? yet again another brad who has been building intakes and carbs and all sorts of performace products for a long time and have produced good numbers on V8s and some v6s it wouldnt suprise me if theyre I4 intakes are just as good

S

·
0 Posts
civic4ges answers

1. if it is ant resemblense of there cars (honda) the shit is built to last.

2. the EG edlebrock manifold only put out 6.1 on a b16

3. yes there are american. i cant remember the guy's name but he lives in cali.

4. no fatfourfan

you probally already do more for america then you think. when you by the #1 combo at mcdonalds, or the two taco for 99c you buy on your way to work everyday. there is tons of stuff you do for your country every day and never even notice.

skunk2 only makes parts for imports, that is all they do, so IMO they know what they are doing, vs edlebrock who might just slap a better looking product together to make money.

not knocking just my thoughts

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
sohcbuilder said:
skunk2 only makes parts for imports, that is all they do, so IMO they know what they are doing, vs edlebrock who might just slap a better looking product together to make money.not knocking just my thoughts
Im going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on that part. I believe Edeblrock is far from a company that just slaps together a product, especially entering the highly competitive and highly lucrative import scene. Many companies already just jump into things without giving them thought, which is something Edelbrock I am sure will not subscribe to!

·
Premium Member
Civic turbo Hx/Ex
18,702 Posts
civic4ges said:
Im going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on that part. I believe Edeblrock is far from a company that just slaps together a product, especially entering hte highly competitive and highly lucrative import scene. Many companies already just jump into things without giving them though, which is something Edelbrock i am sure will not subscribe to!
I totally agree with you on that one!

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
I plan on buying the edelbrock IM when the funds become available. I already have an edelbrock short shifter. that thing is super nice.

it's the only shifter that I've seen that has a bend toward the driver. it has a self-lubricating bearing in the shifter. it shifts super smooth.

if they put that much work and thought into a shifter, I believe they would make a great IM.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.