Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I had a special request from a customer for a slick little build.

Stock plain rebuilt d15b7. Nothing fancy as fair as performance but he wants the head block tranny and IM painted black.

So i had a spare LS IM to practice with!

This was already prepped and cleaned. It was glass beaded and them run through the parts washer then ran through steam cleaner.

I prepped it for paint by taping off all the vacuum ports and all the surfaces where the bolts go.

I then sprayed it with high temp primer, 3 full coats and let it sit out in the sun for 2 hours.

I then sprayed it with low gloss black high temp paint 3 full coats and let it sit in the sun for the rest of the day.

Here is one pic, I will post up more detailed ones tomorrow!

Thanks guys,

Austin Webb

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why are you "IBTL"?

Did I do something wrong?

I read the sub forum rules, thought this particular customers request was cool so I tried it and it turned out well. So... I thought I would share...

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Looks pretty good for a rattle can.

the fuel rail bosses look like they were taped off, but injector pad area was painted..

EDIT:Usually DIY means you show someone how to do it..

pictures and instructions.. So i can see the IBTL thing.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Looks good! But yes those injector holes should have been taped off. I'm not a huge fan of the S2 black stuff since I love the look of nice clean aluminum but this looks like it turned out nice!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will post up more pics as soon as I can. Like I said this was a practice unit due to a crack in one of the intake runners.

I will be doing the intake, head, block and a few components here is a few days. I will do a step by step on those!

Sorry I jumped the gun because it turned out so well.

The del sol is getting painted at the end of this week and the trunk need the wing holes filled in and grinded down...no biggie!

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
intake manifolds like it when you sit them on del sol trunks so they can scratch it :biggrin:
Delsol trunk lids were made to put shit on. :3dbiggrin:

I wanna build a luggage rack...

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Just take the trunk lid off and make a del-camino

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
You must spread rep before giving it to scottdh20 again. Fml!

·
Registered
^^^^
2,129 Posts
Intake mani looks good...
My only problem with black engine parts (blocks, heads, manifolds) is that when a leak
appears, it's much harder to detect where it's coming from. The intake mani not so much..

I keep my stuff like that lighter colors. bare aluminum, painted silver/aluminum color or lighter colors like red, yellow, whatever. As some of you know, I keep my bay so clean
that I can pinpoint the location of a leak in seconds.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts