Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to a guy about buying his tdo4 15g greddy turbo. He replied with and I quote,

"Yeah I still have it. Here is the deal. I took the turbo off and everything was in working order. No leak no nothing. Yesterday I went to look at it. I lifted it up and just a little bit of oil dripped out of the turbo housing compressor. There is no shaft play so its good, just don't know how oil could of gotten in there. There for I'm just letting you know. It's a great little turbo. If I sell I'll regret."

Bad seals? What else Would it be? He's only asking $500 for the turbo, downpipe, eBay intercooler and piping, 390cc DSM injectors and possibly more(shows wastegate and BOV in pictures but doesn't mention in writing.)

This seems perfect for my HP goal of 190whp but I clearly don't possess the knowledge to rebuild it so if it's screwed I don't want it.

Thank you in advance for all opinions or advice.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
It's fine. Mine blew a little oil into the charge pipes, but didn't smoke and the engine didn't care, still made 211whp/208ftlbs on the stock motor.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's fine. Mine blew a little oil into the charge pipes, but didn't smoke and the engine didn't care, still made 211whp/208ftlbs on the stock motor.
Interesting thank you. How long did you make that? Im leaning more towards reliable my first build.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
2 years. Then it threw a rod. Then I threw together a built motor with an ebay turbo and drag raced it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Talk him down some more, then buy it.
He's being somewhat of a prick but I'll keep trying haha. He originally wanted $550 and so far all i could get him down is 50 bucks.

Talk him down then rebuild it.
Yeah i'd have to search up on that some more. He claims that a rebuild kit for it would be $50.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I think it's reasonable. When I got rid of my Greddy kit I sold just the manifold, turbo, and cast elbow for $450.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Also I made that power on RC 370ccs and a stock 200,000 mile pump. So for your goal those 390s will do you just fine, don't let anyone tell you different. :)

·
Registered
3,314 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For some reason it isn't coming with a manifold and im quite confused as to which one I need to buy. I read that a garret t-25 will work but that came out of an argument on Honda-tech that didn't really end in an answer and I cant find anything else on it other than paying greddy $550 for a new one. Any help?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I get that part but I came across something that stated the garret t-25 flange and the DSM t-25 flange are different.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alright thanks dude. Everytime my search leads me to Honda-tech I leave the site more confused than when I searched lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts