Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
civic
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, so my skank2 60mm megapower (bwwaaaaaaaaaahhhhh) full catback took a shit on me yesterday and started making this high pitched ebay cheap ass bottle rocket rattle. i went to my personal mechanic and he said he had no clue and to talk to the shop i got it from (Swap Shop racing). so today i went over there and was told to it was probably the heat shield or the hangers are loose and to just mess with it at home as the dude was busy with 2 k-swaps. so i said fuck it ok lets mess with it. i did and to no avail still ebay highpitch rice rattle. i got fed up and went to a local muffler shop were the old guy that runs the place tells me that the baffle? (idk wtf tht is other than its inside the canister) is rusted to shit and thats what i get for buying cheap china made shit. needless to say i was in shock and kinda pissed off knowing my 500 buck exhaust rusted in 4 months of everyday use.

i called skank2 rite after that and got an answering machine for customer service and left a detailed message as to why it did that and what course of action to take as i support the company and want my quality product to be back on the car. no response so i tried 5 more times throughout the day. and phone call hasnt been returned. also, i posted a post on their FB wall asking if someone cud get back to me regarding the product and a solution, if any, can be found. 10 minutes later, i see they deleted the post due to the fact that it disappeared from their wall and my timeline shit. crappy customer service? i think yes. a 500+ dollar exhaust rusting from the inside? yup.

i now have to backtrack and go through the original shop as they are licensed to sell their products to found out wtf to do.
alas, im on the anti-skank2 wagon:no:

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bum luck. I recently had similar problems with bad QC from edlebrock.

·
Registered
civic
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to hear about your bum luck. I recently had similar problems with bad QC from edlebrock.
i mean i paid the money to get a quality product that doesnt screw me over 3 months from now u no?

·
Registered
civic
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Best way to get results is to show up in person, emails/phone calls get ignored. Someone staring you in the face does not.

Skunk2
2050 5th Street
Norco, CA 92860
Tel: 951.808.9888
only thing wud be getting down there/finding time being a full time student with a part time job

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
i mean i paid the money to get a quality product that doesnt screw me over 3 months from now u no?
Its BS agreed. Prolly out sourcing just like everyone else. Trying to lower overhead and make an extra buck.

·
Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
1,107 Posts
EDIT: Oh wow, just read the complaint. They are suing the forum owner for that posts of a user? Good fucking luck with that, I would counter-sue them into oblivion.
So, if they win the suit does that mean their products are made in the USA?

Seriously though sucks to hear your exhaust has crapped out on you. Maybe you can find another higher quality resonator and have it installed into your current exhaust.

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
So, if they with the suit does that mean their products are made in the USA?
I really give no fucks about country of origin. Quality products can be made abroad. How the company deals with shit when it breaks, longevity, and tradeoff to price is what matters most to me.

Seriously though sucks to hear your exhaust has crapped out on you. Maybe you can find another higher quality resonator and have it installed into your current exhaust.
Do this.

·
Registered
civic
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i did try to contact joe and actually left a massage for him as he didnt answer. they did send me a fb message saying that someone will be calling me today to discuss the problem. the muffler shop i went said the exhaust is NOT salvagable. he told me the only way to fit was to cut it open gut it, and weld another baffle resonator if im correct. he said it wud, however, cost me outta my pocket to weld cut etc. or pawn it off on some nub lol but im not that kinda guy

·
Registered
civic
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well i got a hold of joe and told him the predicament im in. i cut the muffler off the piping and slapped the stock muffler/tip back on due to the horrible rice rocket sound istated bfore. was suprised at the level of concern (whether genuine or becus ther product fucked up). i now need pictures of exhaust contact info etc and reciept from the shop. my concern now is the time frame and how they mite take care of the issue. im afraid of them saying oh well ur out of luck we cant do anything and it taking weeks and or months. but ill stay optimistic

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
So let me get this striaght?

Junk2 sells guy a defective exhaust...

...Junk2 denies any and all resolution via phone/email/ect..

...link bomb Junk2's fb=lawsuit? Booo! weksos

1 - 20 of 33 Posts