Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1991 CIVIC
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a d16z6 head and i was thinking if i can make the hole bigger where the valve sit at and prob put d17 valves or ls valves..any answer will b helpfull

·
Registered
1991 CIVIC
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i was gonna do take it to the machine shop because iknow u cant just put them on and b fine..why do u think bigger valves r most likely not to help me?i was thinking z6 head with y8 manifold ls thottle body and d17 valves??

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
NA you will see no gains from oversized valves.. at least not at your level of modification.. you ma actually see a loss..

·
Registered
1991 CIVIC
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will a d17 camshaft and crankshaft will fit on a z6?im pretty sure u can because the head bolts right on and is the same series...thankz for the helpp

·
Registered
1991 CIVIC
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i was gonna build a z6 but the block is mest up so now im using my d15b1 with p29 high compression pistons and z6 head with y8 manifold and ls tb..i was gonna put the z6 crankshatf on the d15 but it dont fit so im staying with the d15b1 block..how the d17 valves are the same when the motor is bigger because is a 1.7??

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
well i was gonna build a z6 but the block is mest up so now im using my d15b1 with p29 high compression pistons and z6 head with y8 manifold and ls tb..i was gonna put the z6 crankshatf on the d15 but it dont fit so im staying with the d15b1 block..how the d17 valves are the same when the motor is bigger because is a 1.7??
ask honda why they used the same valves. the motor isnt bigger its just got more stroke. chances are a change in the cam shaft profile, perhaps more duration or lift made it not necessary to make the valves larger.

why can i run 10s on a A6 head with smaller valves than a D16Z6?? i dunno, but it works. heh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts