Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i pulled my dohc ZC apart yesterday for a rebuild before i boost it. I pulled the crank girdle off and the middle bearing just fell out, AND IT WAS TOAST!!!but thats not what suprised me, i tried putting the bearing back in the girdle and it dosnt fit!!its like its to small, almsot like it has closed in a little. What could this be from?? The crank looks great so it didnt do any damage to it..I just dont see how it ran as good as it did with all of the main bearings fucked as bad as they were

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the bearings bend in like that because they get really hot. when its all togeter the crank keeps it expanded and in place.

many times if the bearing is that bad then the maincap/girdle also shrinks in the same direction. if you have a means to check it or have it checked do that.
well i took the crank to a reputable engine shop down the road from my house and hes checking the crank..He said that honda bearings are actually designed to do that, they contract to keep from messing the crank up, and it did its job, the crank had no scratchs/scoring on it but i got him to check it anyways, just waiting for him to get back to me

·
Registered
37 Posts
..He said that honda bearings are actually designed to do that, they contract to keep from messing the crank up, and it did its job
Any bearing will contract form over heating no matter if its honda, nissan, toyota, ford or chevy.

I am not sure if the ZC has an Aluminum girdle/cap or a steel cap like the Si. If its Al and since the girdle is pinned im sure the block is fine. If they are teh steel caps and they go in and out of the block easier than the should they migh be warped a little.

Maybe some other people can share disassembly experience where the bearings dont just ramdomly fall out because they are doing their job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.