Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a single din aftermarket stereo mounting kit for my 99 civic.

there are so many out there i have no idea which one to pick. if anyone could help out that would be great!

thanks,

d

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Metra 99-7896 is your best bet. You could also use Metra 99-7898 but you have to break off a bunch of tabs. Try eBay or Amazon. Best Buy or a stereo shop will stock them too but usually have an outrageous markup.

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Didn't need a kit for my 1994 Civic, factory radio was single din, new radio was single din and came with a thin bezel that covered the face of the the outer frame with the bendy tabs that holds the head unit in place, looks clean....are 6th gen that much different?

** Never mind, just did a google image search, you have double din space and either a cubby or optional cd or tape deck? I have used the basic one from the local auto parts stores in the past, Crutchfield or Amazon will have them as well

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
You can still mount the deck and cubby together. Some say it looks fine, some also say the kit make sit cleaner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts