Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 89 CRX HF with a DOHC ZC Turbo obd1. I have a half size radiator which does fine. But it's kind of loose right now until i get my hood cut or some S%%%T. If i put the correct radiator, which is the long one with the stay downs on each side. If my Turbo is touching the actual raditor will my car have a higher temperature or over heat. What could happen?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it doesnt stay put. It's just on the cross member. I have a Radiator stay, but its not bolted up. And im sure i gotta cut a small proportion of the hood. Not sure. But it i set it the way the hood closes with the half size radiator, it's maybe like 1.75 inches away from it. Unless i cut the hood and set it to the left a lil bit. ORRRRR just get the full size raditor. But im scared it will touch it. Since it's dohc zc its bigger then a sohc.

·
D-series SoCal Division
659 Posts
Cut the hood with a 3" cut off wheel.

Becareful with the radiator being loose, may cause unwanted strain to the hoses.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Don't cut the hood, here's your answer...

http://www.d-series.org/forums/suspension-corner/157444-innovative-crossmember.html

You will have overheating if the any of the exhaust/turbo touches the radiator. I guy brought me his hatch to tune once, downpipe was touching the radiator. He wasn't having any cooling issues, because he was running 1000cc injectors on a 550cc tune, and when I fixed that it immediately began to overheat, lol.

·
Registered
92 Posts
LMAOOO. Boogers came out my nose from that comment. lol.
lol...

But it isn't that hard to make a bracket for a half sized radiator. Heck I made a bracket for my radiator from a piece of metal from home depot (in the wood section the metal is all flexable) for my ef sedan. I am sure you can come up with a ghetto solution (if thats the way you roll).

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
True true. But i think it hits the bottom alil. If i do screw it to the chasi. The radiotor cap hits the hood. Unlesss i cut the crossmember .... or the hood???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts