Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked through the forum and saw different answers. So I have a pair of 58mm turbos laying around from another build and thought about throwing one on my 95 dx. It's just a stock D15b7 and I'm not looking to build it. I just want to throw the turbo on and run 6psi or so. Will the stock injectors and internals handle it. I will get it dyno tuned once installed. Also I have no real power goals, just anything over stock hp.

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
739 Posts
Stock injectors can support up to 160hp for a short while, provided your pump and pressure regulator are in good shape, if the b7 is in good shape it can handle that pretty easily. But the injectors won't last long, and if it goes lean on you niether will the b7. I would recommend a rering with mains, a valve job, 310cc injectors, and a rising rate pressure regulator to stay on the reliable-ish side. But im paranoid, im sure others will probably say "go for it, ripper vids".

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,359 Posts
ok, so I'll bite..........

Its gonna eventually go boom though. Those pencil strength and thusly shaped rods are gonna give up eventually.

Junkyard RDX 410cc injectors and some RDX top hats off Ebay. (these will actually flow well over 410cc)

est. cost- $50, top hats are $10 on ebay and if you can't find junker RDX inj's, those are also on Ebay with adapters for $42

One of those janky adjustable pressure regulators off of Ebay

$14

One of those janky manual boost controllers off of Ebay (to make sure you stay at 6 psi)

$10

One of those janky Fuel pressure gauge kits off of Ebay so you can guess better on your fuel pressure (actually I would start here just to make sure your stock pump is healthy enough to push those injectors)

$14

So you're $80 from going whoosh...............boom........I man whoosh only......that's what I meant, jk

I'm guessing you already have a sandwich plate or other way to get oil to the turbo and then a drain back line and a tapped pan. But yeah, if you have the BOV, WG, turbo and mani already as well as the oiling solved, you could literally slam those few cheap things on and it not die immediately. You'll get to show off at least a few times. Just don't get greedy on the streets or on the dyno or yeah, you'll be cleaning up a mess.

As long as you pull a ton of timing out of it on the dyno, it'll live for a good while. You'll easily have 175 at the wheels (which will feel like a monster compared to stock lol)

·
Registered
00 EJ6 boosted D16Z6, 99 EJ6 bone stock, 04 Ram 1500
1,100 Posts
I recommend a walbro (or some other) fuel pump too. the stock one maxed out @ 160hp for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts