Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies.

ok then, new question. the tire size is currently 195/60/14, but the stock size is ?/70/13. the current wheels are stock, i presume. someone said they are prelude wheels, and came stock with my 87 crx hf.

my question is, whats going on here?

·
Registered
119 Posts
the first # is the width in mm 195. 195 divided by 25.4 gives inches. 195mm=7.68in. the second # is the tire wall hight. it is a % of the width. 60=60% of7.68 =4.6 the third # is the rim size 14. if you take the tire wall hight x 2 + rim size you find the over all hight 4.6 x 2 + 14 = 23.2

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tire rack said my orginal rim size was 13".

the tires on the car now are 14", but i measured the diameter of my wheels on now, and i get 15.5". the previous owner told me the rims on the car are stock. see the picture i attached, maybe you'll recognize the rims.

i am not sure what's going on, so maybe someone can help.

CRX front passenger.jpg

·
JDM Justin
95 del Sol
812 Posts
so many numbers...i'm confused

fuck tire rack...read whats on the tire it's self...that will give you your answer
those wheels look like older prelude wheels...but i'm not sure...search it on google pics

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so many numbers...i'm confused

fuck tire rack...read whats on the tire it's self...that will give you your answer
those wheels look like older prelude wheels...but i'm not sure...search it on google pics
the tires on now are 195/60/14 and i have seen my wheels on older preludes.

i have read in multiple places that my stock wheels size is 13". but these seem nto be 14". ...i guess my wheels arent stock...

·
JDM Justin
95 del Sol
812 Posts
i think you answered your own question

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think you answered your own question
ha, but i'm still not completely sure why the diameter of my cuurrent wheels is 15.5". i presume this number is 1.5" higher than it should be because this measurement includes the lip of the wheel.

·
JDM Justin
95 del Sol
812 Posts
just go by whats on the tire...and if you take your wheel off your wheel size should be stamped on the inside of your wheel somewheres

good luck

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
ha, but i'm still not completely sure why the diameter of my cuurrent wheels is 15.5". i presume this number is 1.5" higher than it should be because this measurement includes the lip of the wheel.
you probably measured the lip. the "effective" rim diameter is where the tire bead seals against the rim.

·
d-series resident crybaby
88 Rex
1,002 Posts
:werd: if your tire size is P185/70/R14 then your rims are 14 inches. now when you say 15.5 or w/e your probably measuring your tire around or from the top to the bottom am i right? tire rack has a help section, when you measure your rim, it's from the lip of the rim to the exact opposite side, how old are you? :alky:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:werd: if your tire size is P185/70/R14 then your rims are 14 inches. now when you say 15.5 or w/e your probably measuring your tire around or from the top to the bottom am i right? tire rack has a help section, when you measure your rim, it's from the lip of the rim to the exact opposite side, how old are you? :alky:
this has already been discussed. thanks for nothing, 3rdgenhatchdx

1 - 20 of 23 Posts