Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my first post here hehe. anyways i have a 1990 honda crx si.
it has a SOHC ZC engine in it right now, runs like crap (could be the injectors) anyways, i have a DOHC ZC sitting in my porch right now. straight up Q, do i need any additional parts to make the swap happen and make the engine run. i'm assuming the DOHC ZC uses the same ECU as the SOHC ZC (i hope). this is my first swap, i wanna make things right and take things slow. also when the motor came (DOHC ZC) all the wires were chopped and the hoses were cut too...(i hope thats normal) also i'm switchin the tranny thats on the SOHC to the DOHC when i do the swap. please help with any additional advice and i would really love some tips and tricks too! (two thumbs up) thanx you guys. i totally respect all of you and trust your answers to the fullest, great site! :)

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
you have to count the splines on the dohc zc but that tranny should fit check on the head for the date stamp if its an 88 your screwed. Use your current harness and you will have to modify the dizzy plugs to fit the dohc zc.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all the wires and hoses were chopped?

why weren't they unplugged?!

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
michael_antoi said:
all the wires and hoses were chopped?

why weren't they unplugged?!
ya i dunno, cause i guess thats just the way they do it when you buy it from japan and get it from an online company that got it from japan. i think they dont wanna waste any time and just chop the wires and hoses..its stupid...just makes you do more work and more worrying for the engine.
its gonna be interesting doing the swap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts