Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
whats the max boost for the facotry fuel system.
what needs to be upgraded for more boost?
is the stock o2 sensor a wideband?
can and how much more fuel can i get with the emanage blue?
will adding fuel to my engine thats is running lean = more power?
i have a narrow band hooked up and it says lean. under boost, rich at half throttle, bounces when i cruise.

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
3,890 Posts
none
fuel pump and injectors, to start off
no
idk

·
Registered
632 Posts
Bigger fuel pump, bigger injectors, chipped ECU and TUNE TUNE TUNE!! No the stock 02 is not wideband. Oh for future reference do some searching before you post because noobs get torched here all the time, just some friendly advice.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bigger fuel pump, bigger injectors, chipped ECU and TUNE TUNE TUNE!! No the stock 02 is not wideband. Oh for future reference do some searching before you post because noobs get torched here all the time, just some friendly advice.
i have seen stock 02 wide bands. mk4 git for exp.

i ahve been searching, ever post i find ppl just tell that person to search.

i have a factory block, with factory fuel system thats running lean, what the cheapest way to fix it? how much boost can the stock set up handle with an adjustable FPR?

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
whats the max boost for the facotry fuel system. 0 I dont care what anyone says you can not boost on stock injectors not a safe not good idea.
what needs to be upgraded for more boost? Are you serious? Try alot from ems to mounts read a little and you shall see
is the stock o2 sensor a wideband? Now yes there is a honda that has a stock wb but its useless you cant read them but there are a few companies that sell them
can and how much more fuel can i get with the emanage blue?Stop with the piggy back bullshit a chipped and socketed ecu will outperform any of those shitty piggybacks. You should be so lucky to have a car that you can do this to most have to shell out thousands on a stand alone so be smart and utilize what is there in front of you
will adding fuel to my engine thats is running lean = more power?no but it will keep you from blowing your shit up leaner burn equals more power but something tells me this might be a concept beyond you
i have a narrow band hooked up and it says lean. under boost, rich at half throttle, bounces when i cruise.And for the love of all things holy why oh why would you even post this NARROWBAND IS JUNK for the most part you need a WB and of course its lean under boost those poor injectors where not made to do that your gonna blow your car up. So stop right now and read up on things before you just go and do it
Now was this harsh a little but come on man did you read the stickies or anything before you slapped a turbo on and thought you where the coolest thing since sliced bread.

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
i ran 12lbs of boosts on a D15B7 on Stock Honda 240cc Injectors. My AFRs were always 10.8-11.4. But that was on a Garrett Super 60 .48 A/R Exhaust Housing and .42 A/R Compressor. Boost is definitely possible on stock stuff. Just depends on the turbo and amount of boost. If its lean in boost turn it down. Unless you're running off pure gate spring. In that case, just fork out the cash for injectors. If you have no money for them. Try and drill them out.... I bet that would solve it. Or crank the boost, it will richen up sometime...

Then rebuild that motor and buy the proper stuff.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
whats the max boost for the facotry fuel system. stock fuel lines, rail, and fpr are good to 400 plus

what needs to be upgraded for more boost? injectors and fuel pump

is the stock o2 sensor a wideband? no. the hx has one stock and a like one other model, but i am not sure which one.

can and how much more fuel can i get with the emanage blue? none, iirc. the blue box comes "tuned" alread. the emanagement is the "tuneable" version of the greddy systems.

will adding fuel to my engine thats is running lean = more power? yes and no. you get the most power running the engine right at the edge of proper a/f ratios. but over doing it will lead to a loss of power. mind you this is taking in accound that you need to make corrisponding changes to the timing map/s

i have a narrow band hooked up and it says lean. under boost, rich at half throttle, bounces when i cruise. that thing is nothing but a light show. its useless for anything other then lighting up your cab.
please read the stickies.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my narrow band dosnt light up!, its a gauge, with an arm that swings just like my boost gauge. it was free and just thought a narrow band was better than no band. i know they are crap.

I did read the stickies.

i didnt just slap a turbo on it and think im cool... in fact i bought it turboed like it is in mint condition, SI for 1K. I dont even like the damn car.

if running lean is so dangerous tell me why its been fine for the past three years.

i dont know much about honda but i know half of the basics and figured some of you guys could fill me in on the rest...

another reason i dont like honda is all i do is get flamed. i search and see other get flamed just like me. What the fuck is the point in flaming? does it make you feel so good to know so much?

and since is a DD POS, what you would call mint, i dont want to put any more money into it except for the shit i NEED, to make it reliable.

so everyone says to get it chiped... do i NEED a chip?

do i NEED injectors? i cant up the FP with an fpr and hope it riches it.?
do i NEED a FP?
do i NEED a wide band.

i have a friend that has digital wideband, he said hed tune it on the street for 100$. do i need this tune? or should i fix the fuel issue.

BTW i get 37mpg... how much is it going to hurt to add more fuel...

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
then buy injectors. RC 440s or 550s would be more than ample. Dont mess with the fuel pressure. You lose more injector by bumping fuel pressure and you lose horse power. If you're decent with wiring you can pick up a set of DSM 450s cheap, and wiring n a resistor box from a Prelude or DSM.
Either
A. get your ECU chipped, buy injectors and buy a wideband and have your friend tune it.
or
B. get your ECU chipped, buy injectors and have your friend tune it with his if he has a burner and the necessary stuff to do it.

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
nothing except using your friends wideband. im just offering you the most reliable, safest way to have a good reliable car and decent power which you already have. but this will allow you to up the boost a bit. i dont know what you're running now but between 10 and 12 psi the headstuds will stretch, the head will lift, and you will blow a head gasket. get some ARP studs unless you already have them.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
if u bought the car already boosted...maybe there's a chance that its already chipped and tuned...have u checked your ECU? what is it that is making u ask the question of the fuel system? are u hearing knock? detonation? or does the car run perfectly fine and ur just wanting to know? could be a good chance that ur car is already outfitted with all the stuff u need but u dont know what to look for....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
if u bought the car already boosted...maybe there's a chance that its already chipped and tuned...have u checked your ECU? what is it that is making u ask the question of the fuel system? are u hearing knock? detonation? or does the car run perfectly fine and ur just wanting to know? could be a good chance that ur car is already outfitted with all the stuff u need but u dont know what to look for....
i ask because my narrowband says lean. He said its not chipped. its just the emanage. seems to run perfectly fine, no knock or detonation. every once in a blue moon the CEL will come on when im under full boost in 5th for a while... strains the motor i guess...

everything on the motor is stock.

MOD List
greddy 15g kit.
intake
full exhaust.
light flywheel
upgraded clutch
PS delete
AC belt removed
2 step cold plugs
10mm wires
msd coil 2(i think its two)
innercooler
BOV

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Boosting hard in 5th while your running lean- pop!

Do you have a good coolant temp gauge? Do you ever overheat?
funny you said that... i popped a hose today and almost blew it up. Luckily i smelt the coolant and shut her down. fixed the hose, all went well.. Ima pick up an autometer temp gauge after today. My motor has been through hell....

want to know something very strange... i did a warm compression test but forgot to pull the fuel pump fuse. about 2 months ago. was like from left to right, 200, 195, 190, 185.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts