Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wanted to share my build and get some feedback from you guys. My build consists of:

Rebuilt A6 Engine
Stock port head milled .020
Delta 272
Supertech valvesprings and retainers (overkill but going bigger (cam) later on)
Skunk2 IM/66mm TB/3 inch short ram intake
ARP studs/rod bolts
Block decked 0.010
76mm NPR P29 Pistons
Stock rods
Compression is estimated at 13.0 with the HG I'm using.

I know people don't build these anymore but that's why I did it. Plus, it's in an EF so I wanted to keep it stockish.

Discuss!

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to post header. eBay 421 with 2 1/2 collector mod. Hondata with E85. Dyno that was used is infamously known to read low but i can't complain

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DSM 450's and AEM pump. I don't have any pictures but I took the bottom portion of the header to a muffler shop and had them cut the original collector off where the 2 pipes become 1 and welded 2 1/2 piping onto it

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
You'll pick up more power if you neck the outlet down to about 1 5/8" ID before opening it up more.

Also, get a decent cam in there and you should be able to hold torque a lot better.

Not terrible results, but that cam and header and holding it back.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd like a better cam but I can't find enough cams that would be suitable for my setup. I'd like to see some Bisi level 3 dyno graphs/track times that don't come from Bisi himself. Just wish I had more proof out there and that those cams weren't so expensive like $700. Also I have a friend that had a badass A6 with a Gude cam that made over 160whp. Let's not turn this into a Bisi/gude/P29 hate thread either. I know some have had bad experiences with them (just like the P29 pistons) but I've also seen great results from all of them

·
Registered
152 Posts
oldskool, i think john can replicate whatever bisi grind you want.

btw, i ordered my 282 yesterday afternoon, ill be dynoing with in the next few months. i will deff fill you in with how the cam does.

if i wasnt so lazy id try and find specs for the 72 and the 82.

stratton.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,008 Posts
call up rocket and ask them for a cam. jvtec I believe is sponsored by them

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Ive got a A6 regrind from Rocket. He might not make "new" camshafts.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
You'll pick up more power if you neck the outlet down to about 1 5/8" ID before opening it up more.
Do you have a link to anything I could read about how that works? I know they are effective, but I would like to know more about how.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can't look in the classified section yet but does anyone have or know someone that has an aggressive A6 cam for sale? Exospeed stage 4, Gude, Bisi level 3?

1 - 20 of 143 Posts