Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say my motor is tuned for 12 pounds and i want to turne the boost up to 15 to run at the track what would i need to do tune wise? Would i need to be tuned for 15 and turn it back down to 12 for daily driving?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
ideally yes you would want to be tuned to 15psi.

if you had something like a wideband to monitor afrs id say see what it reads on 15psi and if it looks ok go from there.

its just not worth it these days to risk your engine over a few more ponies. whether its a 200k d15 or a fully built gsr.

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
you tune turbos for powa not psi.:TU:

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
it would be better to to tune at 15 and lower the boost to 12 and then you will know you have the right A/F but you would be rich

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
i would really hope that you arent running on a stock block...if you are you just looking for a explosin..or epic fail

·
Registered
362 Posts
it would be better to to tune at 15 and lower the boost to 12 and then you will know you have the right A/F but you would be rich
that is correct :bravo:

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Its not just afr that he needs to watch out for its also timing you can have the fuel you want and to much timing you will be looking at knock knock what is your setup
Yep:TU:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also as far as 15 pounds on a stock block, stock d series can hold 220-230whp daily. On 15 pounds on that turbo should be arould that number or am i wrong?

·
Registered
eg hatch
187 Posts
id say retard the timing a bit if your tuned for 12lbs and are gonna run 15
and pay attention to ur wideband

1 - 13 of 13 Posts