Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SilentWrath* BUILD THREADSTRAVAGANZA!!!
Watch my CRX transform before your very eyes!!!
:bigok::bigok::bigok:

Removing a few things to make the engine pull easier.

Engine all hooked up to the hoist. Only two mounts remain.

Engine and tranny are out. Time to clean!!!

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

At this point I got sidetracked and decided it was time for a partial wire tuck.

Wires have been extended.

And labeled.

My wiring chart. Gotta stay organized!!!
Then I took off the passenger fender and got sidetracked again!!!

The factory undercoating was old and worn. After scrubbing it down I resprayed it with some Rustoleum Proffesional Grade Undercoating.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e34/SilentWrath/wireslabeled.jpg

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

After drilling out a factory hole I was able to fit this grommet in and route the wiring into the fender here under the wiper motor.

I ran the wiring through the channel behind the fender and drilled out another factory hole to fit a grommet where the wires pop out.

Here's a close up to show how it's all mounted. I used an adhesive zip tie base to hold the wiring close to the car.

Headlights connected.

This is where I decided to stop for the night. Hopefully I can get a little work in tomorrow cause I probably won't get much work in this weekend. Monday-Wednesday next week is when I can really dive into it again.

Until Next Time...:bigok:

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
not bad on the tuck... but why not use some heatshrink and then teckflex to cover the wires as opposed to electrical tape?

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not bad on the tuck... but why not use some heatshrink and then teckflex to cover the wires as opposed to electrical tape?
This is the first time I've "tucked" anything, and the partial tuck was decided on a whim. If it had been planned and I could have researched it more I may have ordered some supplies for it.

Right now I'm just working with what I've got and figuring it out as I go along!!! :bigok:

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
This is the first time I've "tucked" anything, and the partial tuck was decided on a whim. If it had been planned and I could have researched it more I may have ordered some supplies for it.

Right now I'm just working with what I've got and figuring it out as I go along!!! :bigok:
looks good either way man

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
super clean job looks top for a "whim" :td:

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
same shit i did for my tuck i would have went the show route with all the nice heatsink etc.. that chase uses. but sometimes you just work with what you got plus i doubt your trying to earn points with the judges.

i have always been a fan of your simple yet clean crx . so good luck with the rest of the build trust im subscribed.

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
super clean job looks top for a "whim"
Thanks man I try and keep it clean.

nice! cant wait to see more.
nice start! in for more pics!
No more progress... but here's a few more pics to give you guys more of an idea of the nature of this build.

same shit i did for my tuck i would have went the show route with all the nice heatsink etc.. that chase uses. but sometimes you just work with what you got plus i doubt your trying to earn points with the judges.

i have always been a fan of your simple yet clean crx . so good luck with the rest of the build trust im subscribed.
Yeah, my car is anything but a show car so I'm not sweating the tuck job at all. All the solder joints were heatshrunk so it should hold up fine.

Although it may make chase cringe, I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Now onto the pics.
Here's some of the parts I've accumulated for the build.

Go-Autoworks Build Pics

Garrett T3 .42/.48 turbo - Cast mani - 2.5" SS Go-Autoworks DP, WG elbow, and dumptube - Tial 38mm WG

2.5" Go-Autoworks Aluminum upper coldside piping - Synapse BOV - eBay IC - 2.5" SS resonator (cat replacement)

Synapse Engineering Synchronic BOV closeup

TiAL Sport 38mm WG closeup

Oilpan closeup

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Action Clutch 1KS

Mishimoto slimfan - shocker catchcan - NGK BKR7Es - HKS turbo timer - Turbosmart boost controller - ARP headstuds - DSM Injectors

Shocker catchcan closeup

TurboSmart boost controller and NGK closeup

HKS turbo timer closeup

Mishimoto slimfan closeup

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
General Exclaim UHP 205/50/15

ATE Super Blue Racing brake fluid - Thermo Tec Hi-Heat Coating - Rustoleum Undercoating - CRC Brakleen

Enjoy!!! :bigok::bigok::bigok:

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
damn coming along nicely man

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
very awesome, im subscribed!
x2.

Do Work SilentWrath!
damn coming along nicely man
goodluck man looks good! I cant wait to get mine going tuesday.
Thanks guys, I'm only working on it when I have the time and patience to do good work.
The final outcome should be nice. :bigok:

With that said, I had a little extra time to finish masking off the drivers side wheelwell and undercoat it.

While I was at it I cleaned the corrosion off the upper and lower battery brackets and sprayed them with undercoating as well.
The wrinkle black finish should look nice under the hood.

I also split the engine and transmission, and removed the old clutch/pp/flywheel.

Here's the freshly turned flywheel I'll be using. '92 cx unit. Lightest OEM d-series flywheel.

I should be able to finish up the mini wire tuck on Monday and hopefully get started on a few other things.
I'll keep you guys posted.

Stay tuned for more picture filled posts next time!!!
:bigok:

1 - 20 of 174 Posts