Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
ej2
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well just like the title says, it'll overheat for some reason (im thinking thermostat, getting changed tomorrow) but could it be something else cause once it gets hot (did by accident) it'll spray coolant from somewhere

·
Registered
424 Posts
Sounds like you have a leak and you are losing coolant. After you lose enough coolant the motor overheats. Have the system pressure tested to find the leak. It might just be a bad hose.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
check for clogged radiator.. i changed my thermo 3 times put all new lines on it and finally changed the radiator.. it would only overheat on the freeway

·
Registered
210 Posts
mine was leaking from water pump so i changed that then it didn't leak anymore but all the coolant was pushed to reservoir tank. after checking everything, it was a warped block surface which was pushing exhaust gas into cooling system. before changing water pump, water would skip from there but after fixing that there was nowhere but reservoir that it could go!

this was my case i just hope yours is a simple change of thermostat or radiator!

·
Registered
ej2
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I found where it was leaking, happens to leak right above the oil pan, by the alternator, so Im gonna take a guess and say the water pump seal is bad? anyone care to help?

·
Registered
424 Posts
well I found where it was leaking, happens to leak right above the oil pan, by the alternator, so Im gonna take a guess and say the water pump seal is bad? anyone care to help?
Take the timing belt cover off and you will be able to see the water pump. It may be leaking from the pump and running down the block and dripping on the ground. Good time for a timing belt change while your at it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts