Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been thinking about switching to side mount intercooler but have no clue where you guys mount them? i dont plan on making over 200 hp so i think a side mount would be sufficient.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
FMIC > SMIC at any HP.

Switching? If you already have a FMIC just keep it. If anything do a little research and use or make your current FMIC more efficient.

·
My 91 Crx Hf
2,164 Posts
I thought you were selling your turbo build?? Dude are you serious though, you just bought that i/c kit from Greg iirc, and that's got to be nice! If your going for straight sleeper spray it black.

And get a new oem bumper that has all the stuff in front of where its mounted, a good black coat and the fins in front of it shouldn't be nearly as noticeable.

·
Registered
77 Posts
dude im running a side mount and yeah it works but it sucks compared to a FMIC. ill post a pic of mine when my computer works but if you want pm me and ill send you a pic msg from my phone of how mine is ran

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dude im running a side mount and yeah it works but it sucks compared to a FMIC. ill post a pic of mine when my computer works but if you want pm me and ill send you a pic msg from my phone of how mine is ran
why does it suck compared to a front mount? i like the idea of everything being hidden. im not looking to push more than 10 psi with my greddy kit

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
if you can get some air moving through the side mount, it will be fine... otherwise, its a stupid idea. psi doesnt matter, heat does.

·
Registered
77 Posts
mine is hidden real good ill try and post a pic, but its the fact that air isnt gonna hit it like a front mount im gonna be running ducting for air to get to it but its not gonna get nowhere near as much as a front mount would. i would say just paint it black even your intercooler pipes so noone will see it

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
if you want a "sleeper look" just take a sledge hammer to your side panels, and run steelies, with the go fast wing. otherwise, dont use a sidemount. an intercooler serves a purpose, needs as much air as possible.

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
flat black intercooler > dsm sidemount.
put some screen in front of the grill to hide it some more if you wish.
dsm owners ditch their sidemounts for a good reason.

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
just dont violate you front grill. i kept mine for that exact reason. i had to do a bit of tailoring in order to make it fit, but the grill helps hide the intercooler.
i even kept it oem black looking when i painted the bumper teal.
front mounts can be hidden if done right

·
Registered
77 Posts
^^^^that looks good ass hell.you could even step it up and paint the clamps. and DSM's ditch the side mount and still run hotter than hell my friend with his GallentVR4(very much fast and big front mount) his car heats to running temp in like 5mins or less its crazy they need as much air as possible a civic is good with only 10psi and a small fmic nothing to crazy like some people do out there

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Paint your IC flat black.

Here's mine, wish I had black couplers but greg didn't have any in stock when I bought my Ic piping from him:

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts
I spy them BOTTLECAPS, fool! Looking good.

And to all viewers of post #17 of this thread. You better appreciate it! It aint often that he post pics of the car. And if he does, he post a pic of exactly what part of the car he's talking about.

It's so amazing that I feel like i just had my first..... well nevermind.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
I spy them BOTTLECAPS, fool! Looking good.

And to all viewers of post #17 of this thread. You better appreciate it! It aint often that he post pics of the car. And if he does, he post a pic of exactly what part of the car he's talking about.

It's so amazing that I feel like i just had my first..... well nevermind.
Lol, I knew you would appreciate that post. She's getting there...slowly.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts