Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i got a new seal i think i may have hit it in too far is there some way to stop the leaking cause it leaks a good amount on that side i just bought another new seal will be here tomorrow and i just wanted to know basicly how to do it without fucking up and is there some type of sealant to put on it or whatnot thanks

chris

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,796 Posts
I use the mainshaft outer bearing inner race to install the ISB seal....

the wide side to drive it flush, then flip it over to seat it fully. I don't believe you can drive it in too far, but you can damage it by hitting the seal with the input shaft as you drop the gear cluster into place

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so a rubber mallet and drive it in there well see i was told to keep it flush with the outter part and i drove it in there a lil too far like you can grab the lip of it with your finger

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,796 Posts
installed to normal depth, there is no lip.

Where did I mention a rubber hammer?????

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,796 Posts
the washers bend.......

5/8" thick inner bearing race doesn't

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i mean how do i put it in then if not with a rubber mallet i mean i know i dont need to use a damn hammer ha

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,796 Posts
I use a 3 lb soft steel hammer and the inner bearing race......

My tool kit......the bearing race is above the left 2x4 scrap.....

My "lil Thor" didn't make it into the pic. It is stamped 1959 and was used on tool dies. Gotta have a pic of it hiding somewhere......there it is, sleeping with the ruibber hammer.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts