Honda D Series Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldnt find any forum that deals with interior , so i thought i would post this here.

I have a OEM knob (none leather) on my EX and i just havent found a knob out there that i like better. I was thinking of a Si Leather knob (96-00 Si) and wanted to know something. I have had about 10 knobs all together from Razo to just JDM look-a-likes and then seem to be ok when it comes to the depth of how far the screw can go into the shifter. I like the shorter look, so my question is, when you look inside the Si Leather knob, is the screw going to almost touch the top of the shifter? If you look inside the OEM (none leather) you will see that the threads of the screw is all the way to the top. I like this cause its a shorter overall size...was just wondering if the Si knob was the same?

If anyone has a second, can you unscrew the knob and snap a photo of the inside with a macro shot? I just want to see how far the threads go. If the threads only go half way to the top of the knob, then it will sit higher on the shorten shifter. I hate this...

BTW, anyone looking to sell their stock Si leather knob (96-00) let me know.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
not sure on the si knob. If you like the shorter look, go for the greddy. I have it on mine and it makes the shifter shorter. Plus it's a weighted knob.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
this is the one I have. It's not leather wrapped, but I like it.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think im going to stick with a none metal knob. I notice that it gets alittle hot during the summer time here. Also when the sun hits it it heats up also. So im going to go with leather type.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I've got a metal one and i love it...although it does get really hot/cold...i dont worry about it to much...i've got a sock thingy i just cover it with to keep the temps tolerable...

·
Registered
97 EK
104 Posts
I like the weighted knob a lot better than the stock knobs IMO, but the temperatures do get pretty extreme if I park in the sun in the summer, or cold as balls in the winter. That's the only downfall.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
i think ill hunt out a Si one =) i just love the feel of leather/vinyl over metal, it feels like i have a much better grip.
Carefull now...you cant buy or sell till 65 legit posts...

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
have you ever been in an s2000? yeah, thats the one i got. its the sex.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.