Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to say I looked for only 45 minutes for a related answer before posting this thread. Please excuse if it is in the wrong section.

I have 92 civic dx sedan with a 93 jdm D15B vtec swap in it. New axles and new clutch too.

After a week of driving when I shift into second and start to accelerate, the whole car shudders and will keep doing it as I rev up and again in third but not as severe. I know you guys will figure this out real quick and easy but I thought it was a motor mount and they are all tight and in good shape.

I thought it was the clutch but it does not rev up and not move, it is normal in that area. I cannot figure it out. I hate the way ot feels and seems I should know but do not. Thanks again.

red

·
Registered
a muhfukkin Rocket
21 Posts
check your flywheel for hot spots or uneven wear that causes the clutch to skip make sure your flywheel bolts are torqued to spec and use loctite for peace of mind.

·
Registered
227 Posts
mounts usually are the problem. however wheel bearing can cause this if its going bad my hatch used to shutter under excel/dexcel. also does it not since my axles are shit. also go over the hole swap again and go threw and see if any bolts werent tightened down or came loose.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Solution Found

It was the axles. I had new EMPI axles installed with swap and they were not OK. One or both, cannot tell, But I think it was Passenger side based on some tests we did. Jacked it up, chocked rear wheels, started engine and put into gear. Observed the tire closely as it spun and saw it sort move up on one spot as it revolved around.

We went down and bought another set of the exact same brand new (no Core) axles from WABCO in San Diego. The axle brand is EMPI. Went back to the spot, jacked it up and yanked the axles out and swapped them with the bad ones of exact brand and everything. Put the new ones in and then adjusted the vales. Changed the oil and filter and then took it for a test drive.

I felt like I had just driven a vtec car for the first time since it hit so clear and hard at exactly 4500 RPM's. The whole shaking and shuddering and vibration thing had gone away.

Returned the axles, got my money back and had a Marlboro Menthol and an Ice Cold Diet Coke.

It was such a great relief to get that stuff squared away.

Thanks to all of you with your suggestions. Some were very worthwhile and others well, lets say they helped me to rule out some problems I did not have. Transzex - You are the man and I appreciate your assistance.

Peace out my people.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts