Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to install an LSD equipped transmission, my engine is already pretty much built (12:1 compression, cam, intake manifold, tuning, bolt ons and fuel upgrades so it should be at least 20+ hp over stock if my tuning isnt complete shit).

I am using an Exedy oem replacement clutch right now, it works fine for now. I am leaning towards replacing it with an Exedy stage one clutch or competition clutch stage 2. I am concerned that the better power transfer to the ground will be just enough to get past what the stock clutch can handle. Its not slipping now...but if i am going to go to the hassle of having the clutch out...

what do you guys suggest? I wold love to NOT spend the money...but i hate doing a job twice AND spending the money too...

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
Z6 with 55 shot, 13.9 on stock clutch, 12.25 lb flywheel, launching at 7000 rpm on slicks.

I had the "right amount" of slip at the launch to prevent breaking parts. What are planned future upgrades?

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nothing that will increase power unless a new header comes out that is affordable and significantly outperforms the ebay specials.

better springs and shocks is about it. only additional use might be some autocross events if my buddy ends up on the same work shift as me and talks me into it.

it sounds as if i am likely to be ok with this clutch....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts