Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 civic dx
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you know that I blew up my motor in my 94 dx and have been doing a rebuild on it. Almost complete still waiting on the pistons and rods in the mail however a guy stopped by here yesterday afternoon and offered me a 96 civic dx coupe with a mini me in it running for my 94 dx shell. HMMMM well he showed me pix of it and it's riced out of course but I can change that. Sorry no pix of his car. It's black with a Carbon Fiber cowl hood, Projector headlights, Euro Queers, Some kind of exhaust. He says it runs good but it's throwing both o2 codes and 2 other codes which leads me to believe either the oil plug wasn't pulled or the vtec is not correctly hooked up or they don't have a vtec ecu. The car looks nice and the only reason he wants my shell is to drop a gsr motor in it without having to convert to OBD1. So do u guys think I should do the trade. Keep in mind I've got another mini me sitting here in my kitchen ready to go in my car and another a6 head as well. Just looking for some different opinions. Thanks

·
Registered
99 CIVIC
52 Posts
My 2 dollars say you should keep your car. What if theirs something else wrong with his and you have to figure out all this BS about it. why doesn't he just drop the GSR motor in his. That'd make perfect sense. idk just my 2.

·
Registered
94 civic dx
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He said he didnt' want to have to change the motor mounts or convert to OBD1. I don't know if he just doesn't know what he's doing or what. Just wanted to run it by some of you before I made a decision. I thought wow a empty shell for a running car. But thanks for the opinions

·
Registered
Honda Civic
301 Posts
Just part out what you can of the blown motor, and swap that mini me you have in. Not really worth the risk getting a car like his unless a) you didn't have another motor to swap or b) really needed something that runs to get around.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
Give it to....

<----THIS GUY!

·
Registered
94 civic dx
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok well everyone that has commented says to keep mine so that's what I am going to do. Thanks everyone! And rep to u all.

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
wouldnt he have to get new mounts for a gsr to go in yours anyway? and a gsr wiring harness? that would leave him with just a jumper harness for him to put it in his. ricers are dangerous. i bought a riced out cavy a couple years back and had nothing but problems. although you could swap and sell all his ricer parts to another ricer to fund a sweet build but i would keep what you have. maybe buy his gsr and sell it to me reeel cheap?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts