skunk2 intake manifold
450cc injectors
arp head studs
arp rod bolts
gates racing thermostat
water pump and tensioner
and ebay turbo kit
on my car. a guy wants trade me a running 99 prelude h22a4 for my complete swap
the body is messed up but i just want the swap. then ill take the shell to the scrap yard for money.
since i have the full car i will only need custom mounts and axles as far i see cause i would have everything else
is this a good deal or no

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea true. just kinda tired of boost just wanted something simple. not really into going fast anymore

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
well if you want a semi crappy head as well as frm sleeves and an extra 150+ lbs of wieght. all for about 180 hp. be my guest

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,052 Posts
howd you get the red dot? tired of going fast? get a bike and hand in your man card. seriously, there are a ton of "point a to point b" cars out there

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the weight doesnt bother me as i dont track my car. yea but with 160 ib ft torque would be nice to daily. sorry everbody is not like you slo eg8 and doesnt care about how fast they can go.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,052 Posts
so, what was the point of making a thread asking people's opinions when it seems like you already have your mind made up?

why does it matter what we think? its not our car, its not our choice, and our opinions don't even matter.

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
366 Posts
For the work needed to fit the H22, you could easily finish off your current project. (Less wiring for a start?)

What car is this for, by the way? There is a significant weight difference, after all, and you might not like how it handles without suspension mods. One of my son's mates is putting an H22 into an EG hatch. It's no big deal, but he is installing better springs and shocks.

Lastly, a rotten 5G Prelude in the UK, running or not, is worth less than a properly sorted turbo D16 engine. The trade is only worth considering if there's a decent cash balance in your favour.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i decided to not t0 trade. im already making more hp then the h22. so just looking to get my a/c back in. and get a name brand westgate. also i have this weird high 1800 rpm steady idle. it happpen after i adjusted my tps. so i know i dont have any leaks.do i need to reset my idle?

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
make a new thread for it.

search and cover the basics. nothing electrical is gonna cause 1800 rpms

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have a semi built d16
p2p0 rods
teflon vitara pistons
arp headstuds
skunk2 intake manifold
450cc injectors
arp head studs
arp rod bolts
gates racing thermostat
water pump and tensioner
and ebay turbo kit
on my car. a guy wants trade me a running 99 prelude h22a4 for my complete swap
the body is messed up but i just want the swap. then ill take the shell to the scrap yard for money.
since i have the full car i will only need custom mounts and axles as far i see cause i would have everything else
is this a good deal or no
h22 would be has fast has your turbo d series

·
Registered
5,879 Posts

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
i didnt read his built lol.. i thought it was a stock rod/piston...
stock turbo d series vs stock h22.. h22 will do some damage
Did you miss my comment?

a tiny T25 turbo removed from an eclipse slapped onto a stock d15b7 would beat an h22.

h22's are slow. F/H swaps are never worth the time or money unless you get a KNOWN healthy one for a hell of a good deal. Their transmissions are all geared like poop, though a b tranny can go on with minimal effort.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea i have a 57 trim spec turbo. and i ran a b18b1 swapped civic and i demolished the guy.but the low end torque of my d daily driving sucks.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Up the compression and invest in a much more thorough tune.

have a focus with midrange power. That is what makes a solid daily driver. you dont need ultra lowend or snappy high revs to make a fun and ballsy daily driver

1 - 19 of 19 Posts