Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Mostly the 91 CRX
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like I said before I don't know crap about transmissions. So some help would be nice, please. Anyways I'm going to build what I hope to be about 140-150whp mini me in my 91 CRX Si. Now is what I would like to know is if maybe I should start on the transmission first. The thing is I don't know anything aobut them. So is what I would like to know is...

1. Will the 91 Si trans I have now work with the hp I'm going to get out of my engine?
2. Is the final drive greared twords acceleration, or is there something better?
3. I called the Honda dealer and they said that the price of a LSD + Labor = $350. Is that a good price, and should I get a LSD? (Yes I have read up on them, but I'm still confused if I should even get one.)
4. Is there any type of flywheel and clutch that I should look into?
5. And lastly, do short shifter really help? I mean I have read so much about them breaking while shifting.

Thanks for any help.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,433 Posts
$350 my ass!

Honda of America doesn't even have a LSD part number for D series tranny's in its parts database.

The cheapest LSD on the market is $400 shipped, $350-400 labor just to R&R the tranny (dealer shop labor) then another $200 + parts for the LSD install.

·
Registered
Mostly the 91 CRX
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I shit you not that is what they said. Now I have talked to a few people about their so called tuner shop, and a lot of people say its a joke. So I don't know if I should get it or not.

·
Registered
Mostly the 91 CRX
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I take it they're no good?

B

·
0 Posts
You fool, you should learn the value of masking tape! When I do shifts in mental health facilities, you have to cover your last name with a piece of tape or a sticker; that way the crazies can't find you when and if they get out! LOL

·
Registered
302 Posts
1. Yes
2. Yes it is good for acceleration @ 4.25. Yes there is better. ZXi 4.43 SRR 4.7 & 4.9
3. I would pass on that deal. A decent diff will cost $400 for the unit plaus labor. Anything less and your getting ripped off.
4. 6.5 Alum Flywheel & OEM type clutch
5. I've been using a B&M unit for over five years now no problem ever.

·
Registered
Mostly the 91 CRX
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what is the ZXi from?

·
Registered
Mostly the 91 CRX
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks,
What about the CR-X SiR (JDM) what does it have?

·
Registered
741 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts