Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '05 Civic "VP" Coupe. I absolutely love this car, can't complain so far about it, even though it's slow :???: I went and scavenged an instrument cluster out of an '01 LX auto so I could have a tach, but now I need some opinions. The new cluster has 32k on it, and it went in and worked fine. The mileage is far above what I have on mine, I am sitting at 2100 miles right now. I found a company in Cali that will refalsh my odometer for $125, which was pretty reasonable in comparison to everyone else. I am worried that if I ever try to sell or trade my car, that it will hit up on carfax as odometer tampering. I am assuming that I am still staying legal, all I am doing is changing the instrument cluster and matching the mileage to what I have on there now. Do you think I should do it, or just get an aftermarket tach and play it safe?

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
if you're worried about carfax i would get a new tach. they looker cooler IMO anyways.

or, if you want, you can do this:
take the odometer off of your car's gauge cluster and put it on the lx one.

if you have a business do it they will send a report to the titling beareau in the DMV to have odometer rollback added on.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't do it... Try and get a smaller aftermarket tach and pick out a good location. Dont mess with the ODO on a new car, def not worth it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts