Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Sorry if this has been discussed before. I just can't seem to find the right thread if it was..
I bought A6 (PM6) pistons for my Y8 block & head. So far i have milled off .010" from the head and plan to use just 2 layer OEM HG. I'll be using Crower stage 2 cams. Is it a must for me to adjust the valve reliefs? I will surely clay the pistons to see but the noobie in me just wants some assuring words from those who would know if its sure to hit or not..
TIA guys!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
should be fine, we ran a mini me on a a6 block with a y6 head and 2layer OEM y8 gasket, no problem, excpet higher CR
Did you mean y8 head? i dont know of a y6 head yet but if what you meant was y8 which is the P2J head then that's very good to know.
What bothers me is that a lot of the related threads had mixed info regarding A6 pistons in y8 head/block. Some said it was fine and some said it would hit with a single mis-shift.It would be horrible to find out the hard way as money IS a big deal for me. lol & :(

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
..coz if what you meant with a y6 head was non vtec head, then it might be different from the P2J y8 heads (square-ish c.c.).. sorry if im being too persistent on the details.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts