Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
sup guys i need some help with my 91 crx HF. I want to get rid of the head and swap a vtec head on but is it worth it. Will it even make a difference and should I ditch the 4-speed transmission. Also can I just use a vtec controller or do I have to change my ecu. Damn this engine is super weak like a mofo. Please give me as many suggestions as possible. I know you guys must be tired of crap questions like this but here in Guam everyone mostly builds B motors. I wanna be different. thanks......

·
Registered
2,992 Posts

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
No you cannot put a vtec head on your hf. there are only 8 valve reliefs on the pistons of the hf. the vtec head will have 16 valves. so unless you want holes in the top of your pistons, you either need to change the pistons out or just go with a different motor.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahh damn that sucks, I forgot that the hf only has 8 valves. What a crap ass motor... Damn i think I'll just swap out the whole motor to either a si motor or a sohc vtec motor but would my hf ecu be ok or do I gotta swap that too....

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
it would be best to swap the ecu to get full potential out of a si or sohc vtec engine.....you dont wanna be stuck with crappy fuel curves and a 5500 rev limit.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whats the engine number for the HF just to make sure that this is indeed the crappy ass motor i got....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts