Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wonderig if I should get an oe exedy flywheel or a fidanza lightweight? Or just clean the stocker up? Car has 170k it's my new daily driver need a clutch, ordering in the next day. Completely stock car but will be preparing for a turbo soon

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
stock flywheel :TU: run mine, just make sure to get it resurfaced. stock weight is great for a turbo setup, from what ive heard :D

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
If you are going to get a turbo setup on the car why not just get a clutch kit now that will handle your pwr goals?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are going to get a turbo setup on the car why not just get a clutch kit now that will handle your pwr goals?
May be a few months for me to find parts and such as I will be piecing everything together and still gotta decide if I'm staying d or going b. Since ls motors are so cheap round my way. And I need the car to be driveable asap cat be putting all these miles I am on the vette.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
I have an XTD stage two which i feel is garbage.... I drove a six puck with a sport pressure plate last night and it was super grabby and nice!!! I think if your gonna boost buy everythign to support that now.

·
Registered
72 Posts
lightweight flywheel has a pretty good feel to it. the motor deffinitely revvs up faster. i say go for it if you have the cash

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
you lose some drivability with a lightwieght flywheel. just to take off you have to up your rpm's on take off or you can stall. stockers work just fine and you keep your gas mileage up since you wont be going up to 2000 rpms just to get going without stalling. exedy clutches work awesome. have one on my car and its butter smooth and holds plenty of power.

·
Registered
117 Posts
All I have ever used is exedy. From what I see on eBay it says 90 00 civics Ll take the same clutch kit? WTF I thought some has different spline. I'm using a s40 p4a 98 ex trans and will be installing it soon with my current z6 so I
a bit confused on which Clutch kit to buy. But besides that my previous cars all had exedy clutch kits and I had great luck with them

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
I've heard of turbo people with heavier flywheels(+11lb) spooling faster than lightweight setups. I've never had experience with or have seen data so it's just hearsay at this point.

For DD I'd say go with the Exedy just because it's lighter than stock yet heavier than the Fidanza; which makes it easier to drive. I'm running a Fidanza right now in the Civic; my brother was able to drive it fine but it is more "work" so to say to drive it smoothly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts