Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got a 57 trim in my sohc y8....it doest spool until about 4,300 rpm , i was considering putting in a little t28 so it spools right away but the 57 trim feels a lot better, if i put like a 50 shot of nitrous in would i be able to sue that in lower rpm's top spool the turbo quicker? and if so how m uch shouyld i use?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
keep the higher spool...i raced a SI last night and i get boost at 4400 and he pulled on me then i hit boost and came up to him and passed him. gotta give ppl that thought of a fooler cooler. but thats just me

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
The later spool sorta acts as "traction control"...I'd say keep it as is.
Sorta lol. When mine spools it breaks loose anyways :D

·
Registered
525 Posts
You could do a direct port 50 shot safely and it probably wouldn't break the tires loose. You can't engage the nitrous until at least 2,500rpm so keep that in mind too. If you want the nitrous to stop when the turbo spools up I would recommend the traction control module from ZEX, you can set the engagement and disengagement in 100rpm increments so you can set it pretty accurately to how you want it plus it also has a feature that lets you pick which gear it starts spraying in.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
make it twin turbo...
one small turbo to spool first...lol
then a bigger turbo to spool later...

it was a good idea until I can't find a way to make the smaller turbo stop spinnin after so many rpms...

but other then that...i wouldnt use nitrous to build up rpms for the turbo to kick in...
if that was the case...I would just use all nitrous..
75+ shot...hold it in through every gear

·
Registered
525 Posts
Someone on hater-tech has a twin turbo civic, I haven't seen it but I have heard it is just not practical on a 4 cyl.

75 shot in first gear will probably lead to some traction issues...

·
Registered
525 Posts
I would probably use CryO2 on an intercooler.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts
keep the higher spool...i raced a SI last night and i get boost at 4400 and he pulled on me then i hit boost and came up to him and passed him. gotta give ppl that thought of a fooler cooler. but thats just me
hells yes! keep that mofo!

·
Registered
447 Posts
higher spool= better traction and a harder pull high up maybe you should invest in a cam with a larger power band and run a crower valvetrain and just redline higher

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
maybe you should invest in a cam with a larger power band and run a crower valvetrain and just redline higher
this is your best bet. just rev it higher to keep it in the power band between shifts. i wasnt gettin boost on my crap egay turbo till 4800rpm. now i have the supertech springs retainers so i can rev up to 8k. :beer:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
4300rpms is not really a fast spooling turbo... Yes you could use a small shot to spool your turbo, and yes I think it would be a good idea if you have the cash

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
You could do a direct port 50 shot safely and it probably wouldn't break the tires loose. You can't engage the nitrous until at least 2,500rpm so keep that in mind too. If you want the nitrous to stop when the turbo spools up I would recommend the traction control module from ZEX, you can set the engagement and disengagement in 100rpm increments so you can set it pretty accurately to how you want it plus it also has a feature that lets you pick which gear it starts spraying in.
handy peice of info right there!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts