Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
B and M vs Skunk 2 shortshifter

I'm about to be getting either a B and M or a Skunk2 short shifter and I've seen good reviews for both of them but alot of people seem to have reach problems with the B and M (such as comfortably being able to rest your hand on the shifter when its in 5th) so i was just looking for feedback on the reach problems and getting a little poll started to see how many people like the B and M and how many like the Skunk2

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Resting your hand on the shifter creates excessive wear on your tranny anyway, so that's a definite no-no!
I recommend the Skunk2 dual bend, as I love it myself.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
just remember; single bend = knob sits closer to you, dual bend = knob sits farther away..... I <3 my TWM stage 1 single bend....

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
my b&m is a dual bend and i have no issues with it

·
Registered
1994 Honda Civic CX
159 Posts
i have a single bend skunk 2 for my ride.. i like it.. the last time i try to buy an cheap ebay one i broke it b/c it was too cheap and made out of aluminum but the skunk 2 is suppose to be better cause its made out of steel.. well that what i've heard..

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
hey im glad to see someone else on here from hickory. wassup

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
Resting your hand on the shifter creates excessive wear on your tranny anyway, so that's a definite no-no!
I recommend the Skunk2 dual bend, as I love it myself.
werd. although i recommend the Skunk2 single bend....

·
Registered
605 Posts
iv had an ebay one for 3months and it works like a charm

·
Registered
173 Posts
my ebay one kinda sucks. its a bit sloppy and too light. makes me wish i kept it stock... anyway, I have tried the Skunk2 shifter and it is awesome. I just didn't want to spend that much

1 - 15 of 15 Posts