Honda D Series Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Needs ported, the lower manifold points the injectors into an actual corner, HUGE torque and fuel mileage upgrade, but you need to upgrade rod bolts or pistons smack into heads.
Assuming you're talking about the 3sgte engine? Sounds like you have experience with them.

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
938 Posts
With the 22re(c&t) and the 3stge as well, they were all carbed engines initially that Toyota decided to slap fuel injection on, they didnt bother to update head castings on either engine, so injectors pointed right into the mating surface of the head. Not being in CA yours might still be carby?
I've done a few of each, not many around here will drop that kind of money on a Toyota though, so only a few. but every time I didnt force them to upgrade at least the rod bolts bad things happened, usually within the first few weeks.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
With the 22re(c&t) and the 3stge as well, they were all carbed engines initially that Toyota decided to slap fuel injection on, they didnt bother to update head castings on either engine, so injectors pointed right into the mating surface of the head. Not being in CA yours might still be carby?
I've done a few of each, not many around here will drop that kind of money on a Toyota though, so only a few. but every time I didnt force them to upgrade at least the rod bolts bad things happened, usually within the first few weeks.
It's a 94, so its the EFI 22RE.

Reactions: Oldcivicjoe

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,977 Posts
I remember that one, as bad as gms 2.8 with the awful main oiling issues.
Hey now, which GM 2.8L lol.

I rebuilt the one in my S10 (gen 1 2.8 60 degree V6 with TBI) about 5 years ago and its still going strong. Its literally my most reliable beater haha.

Its even been to Canada a couple times! Here's the cottage trip me and my son did right before Covid lol (my family has a place on a lake about 3 hours north of Toronto middle of nowhere, rotary phone FTW):

Plant Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Tire

Water Sky Plant Natural landscape Wood

Water Sky Plant Natural landscape Wood

Corded phone Telephone Telephony Machine Gas

Water Atmosphere Sky Natural landscape Dusk

Water Cloud Sky Smile Lake

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
938 Posts

I rebuilt the one in my S10 (gen 1 2.8 60 degree V6 with TBI) about 5 years ago and its still going strong. Its literally my most reliable beater haha.

Its even been to Canada a couple times! Here's the cottage trip me and my son did right before Covid lol (my family has a place on a lake about 3 hours north of Toronto middle of nowhere, rotary phone FTW):

View attachment 140548

View attachment 140549

View attachment 140550

View attachment 140551

View attachment 140552

View attachment 140553
Thats the one, occasionally they stayed together, but my early wrenching years I was constantly pulling them and having the crank turned, new bearings, high volume oil pump, chamfering the oil holes, ect. After a rebuild due to oil starvation they were alright, but off the line many of them were knocking from what I had been told.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
2,232 Posts

View attachment 140551

that's funny I have the same phone.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts